PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

First thread(Need a bit of help)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 10:58 PM
Default First thread(Need a bit of help)

Just bought my first Hummer it is a 2007 Hummer H3 Base. I wanna run a few mods along with some other essentials.

I want to complete this list by the end of the year. I need your help and expertise on which companies and products to buy. I will post pics as I buy.

1. I've never towed anything but now I need to since I wanna do small hot shot trips with my truck soo exactly what do I need and any suggestions on companies prices etc would be appreciated.

2. Brush Guard preferably a black or powder coated one since my truck is tan I don't really dig chrome on it.

3. A nice lift preferably around 4" - 6" again what do I need what companies should I go with etc...

4. Rugged huge tires and some nice black rims something I can swamp out and hit the ponds with.

5. Roof Racks black ones that I can put a mountain bike rack on it.

6. Navigation I don't know where I can purchase a OEM navigation but it be greatly appreciated for some info and prices.

7. I have the 3.7 liter soo exactly how much can I haul?

Sorry to be such a noob to the whole offroading/hauling thing it's new to me. Was brought up on speed soo this is a little different for me. Feel free to message me if you'd like to get into sharp details about something.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:03 AM

that's going to be a lot of lift, you can run 35s stock so unless you are planning extreme offroading and plan to also upgrade the entire drivetrain that much lift is not needed.

I'd say spend a few hours searching the forum for what all you're asking, everyone is going to ave different opinions on the best places to purchase, best wheel, tires, lift, brush guard, roof rack, etc.

you can find out a ton of info searching around and find what appeals to you, build the rig for you, not by what people tell you to buy. offroading is about having fun and enjoying your rig, not showing off for others.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:02 AM

I have the Kenwood 6190HD Nav system and it fits perfect. ran me $1300 after install from Best Buy. I would go with Gobi Rack systems. They are the best I have seen in my research unless you know someone that can custom build one for you. Nitto Terra Grapples are my tires and come in numerous sizes. The brush guard I want is $$$ but it looks wicked awesome and I have never seen it on a truck other than one on internet.

These sites might help:

www.teakatoys.com

Hummer H3 Over The Hood Wrap Around Brush Guard by Real Wheels

Old 07-30-2012, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by staggs
that's going to be a lot of lift, you can run 35s stock so unless you are planning extreme offroading and plan to also upgrade the entire drivetrain that much lift is not needed.

I'd say spend a few hours searching the forum for what all you're asking, everyone is going to ave different opinions on the best places to purchase, best wheel, tires, lift, brush guard, roof rack, etc.

you can find out a ton of info searching around and find what appeals to you, build the rig for you, not by what people tell you to buy. offroading is about having fun and enjoying your rig, not showing off for others.
You really think 4" is too much? Not extreme offroading anyways lol. Yeah I understand make it my own I just need opinions and sites that I may find alot of accessories and mod's on. Also, I'm stumped on the towing thing what do I need?

Old 07-30-2012, 05:51 PM

Ok found out what I need just about for the tow installation but I'm having a problem understanding if I need a new bumper or should I just get a Trailer Hitch Receiver cause my bumper doesn't have the cut out for the hitch like the Hummer tow package bumper?

Old 07-30-2012, 08:31 PM

as for lift, most here would suggest leveling the front end and running 35s, or if you're really going for looks you could add an inch body lift and run 37s but you'll have no power and extremely poor gas mileage

Old 07-30-2012, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by staggs
as for lift, most here would suggest leveling the front end and running 35s, or if you're really going for looks you could add an inch body lift and run 37s but you'll have no power and extremely poor gas mileage
Yeah I'm gonna level it not sure what wheel and tire setup I'll use. Right now I need to focus on towing it would be so swell if someone can really get into detail about what I would need for towing in my situation.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:56 AM

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...-number-20630/

check out that post, it'll give ya a website to buy a factory hitch set up. I haven't done this myself but would like to, just don't have the money. basically you have a choice of buying an aftermarket hitch that will stick out below your rear bumper (would cost cheaper but not look at good and give you a little less departure angl when off road) or you can purchase a stock set up (it'll be a little more expensive and you'll have to either cut your bumper or buy one new that's notched for the hitch. it'll look cleaner as well). either way you go the wiring harness is already there, you'll just have to buy a 7 pin connector to wire it up to the hitch, which the stock comes with a mount for it. hope that helps. what is the big importance with aging to tow before anything lse?

Old 07-31-2012, 04:49 PM

Well I wanna run for a Hot Shot's company for the Marcellus shale region even if I'm just pulling like trash or dirt or sand or something anything to make more money on the side of my current job.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:31 AM

you might want to look into a h3t if you're going to be hauling trash and junk and such, it won't give you a hole lot more room but a trailer plus a small truck bed would give you the ability to haul quit a bit, plus it'll give you a little longer wheel base that'll give you s better ride and unless you're doing tight trails it'll be better offroading