PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

first offroad expedition of the serious sort

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Default RE: first offroad expedition of the serious sort

ORIGINAL: shortbus

excellent story, sounds like fun, and you always have a place to go play. nice to see you're pushing it as you see fit. i would say something about stopping in mud, but it seems you've already learned what not to do in that situation. how far did you have to walk to go get the tractor?
it was alot of fun, we're going to go when we can spare more time next time, to really find some butterfly-inducing challenges. And we are going to do our best to take better film/pics, just to remember the moments by.

The tractor was in use not too far from where we were, so we only had to walk a mile and a half or so. Could have been alot, lot worse.

And man are i/we looking forward to winter and some snowfall, see if the big truck can earn its keep relative to the pickups in the deep white stuff. Should be fun.

Old 05-22-2006, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: retnuh5

Sounds like you really had a great time and enjoyed yourself, that is what life is about. I enjoyed your pics and your stories of your trip. I love to see what other Hummer owners are doing with there trucks.
i'm glad you liked the pics, i tried to capture a bit of what we did with the thing, but i'm not sure how well they all turned out. always another day to try again!

Old 05-22-2006, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

This may give some idea of what Blade is doing right now....

it cleaned up pretty good! but i will admit that a trip through the car wash didn't so much as dig the mud out of the rims or pull the grass out of the undercarraige. so we had to get a little sloppy and dig some of it out the old fashioned way. [:@]

Old 05-22-2006, 04:57 PM

In all fairness...I have a friend that lives out in the country on a mile long dirt road from the main road...next time it rains, I'll go visit her and bring back some souvenirs.......... of the muddy kind that is

Old 05-22-2006, 05:15 PM

ok, i have to spend the rest of the day actually doing something production, but i just wanted to say MAN THAT WAS FUN!

Old 05-23-2006, 01:25 AM

how do you get pics from the phone? i worked for Cellular One/AT&T Wireless/Cingular for 17 years and still can't figure out how to get the pics out of my RAZR. pi$$es me off . . . .[sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 05-23-2006, 02:27 AM

how do you get pics from the phone? i worked for Cellular One/AT&T Wireless/Cingular for 17 years and still can't figure out how to get the pics out of my RAZR. pi$$es me off . . . .[sm=boohoo.gif]
well i have verizon, and my phone is a LG, whatever that is.

and ijust go to

menu

then scroll to the left to the pix/flix menu

then pick 2. Get PIX & FLIX

then 3. MY PIX

then highlight whatever picture i want, and hit
options
1. Send

and then enter my email address and it emails them to me.

same for sending myself movies, apparently, as i just tried that for the first time.

Old 05-23-2006, 02:37 AM

tried it through the menu, but motorola has some bassackwards menus and besides looking cool and fitting nicely in my pocket, overall the RAZR is big ole' POS. i want my analog phone back . . . . with the 3 lb battery . . . .

Old 05-23-2006, 03:24 AM

tried it through the menu, but motorola has some bassackwards menus and besides looking cool and fitting nicely in my pocket, overall the RAZR is big ole' POS. i want my analog phone back . . . . with the 3 lb battery . . . .
i've heard that about the sliver phone, too. i guess they're wildly popular. my LG has a keyboard and is about the size of a toaster

Old 05-23-2006, 07:27 AM

man, my son has Kinder-grad tomorrow, and i have to take the day off, so i've been working all night & pausing from time to time to surf the old hummer/jeep thing.

I came across some thread where some guys who seemed almost literate were joking about this forum, and how they were going to post a link to some video, then celebrating the posting of said link. it was some thing showing an H1 on rocks being passed by a jeep going up what looked like a fairly smooth trail to the side, etc. and so on. the typical cornucopia of non-jeeps (like a "cherokee" with about 3 feet of ground clearance and so forth). blah blah blah

anyway, my hopes are high that my silly little pictures of running around the farm wind up on some flaming web site some day. and that i find it. so i can print it and hang it on my wall in a gold frame, it would make one fan-freaking-tastic conversation piece, i'm telling you.

I do feel so badly for any of you who might actually endure hummer hate to the point of it bothering you, and i hope none of you ever wind up with broken windows or keyed trucks or whatever.

But i do think that while i'm not a psychologist, and i won't be the guy who writes the history books... this IS history. the hummers will go down in the books as some kind of "you know, back in the 00's..." fable. People will say "do you remember when". That's a slice of Americana you're driving, ladies and gents, in a way that nothing (maybe even the 'vette) on 4 wheels will ever be again.

"do you remember when... when a truck made an entire nation wet itself and suck its thumb"

Quick Reply: first offroad expedition of the serious sort