PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Fireman Blue light mount?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Default RE: Fireman Blue light mount?

Its been a long time since i've posted on here but found it important to give some input on this topic.
#1 I am a police officer in the commonwealth of pennsylvania, #2 I typically drive a 1999 ford explorer at work.

For starters any cop that gives you a hard time over your lights when responding to a call needs a wake-up call and a punch in the mouth. You don't mess with emergency workers going to calls, if the lights get you through traffic and save a life then who cares how many or where they are mounted.

As for the lights, roof lights on an H3 no matter what you get are a complete waste cause they will not be visible to anyone except a tractor trailer. People looking in rear-view mirrors can't see roof lights unless your 2 city blocks back and they are paying attention. I speak from great experience on this. Every day when I get into my patrol car I place a red/blue led light on my windshield just below the mirror. That light on several occasions has gotten me through traffic a 1000 better than 12 lights in the light bar mountedon my roof. The purpose of roof mounted lights is to reflect light off buildings to alert other vehichles but LEDs are terrible for that anyhow.

You arebest to put a revolving blue light on your dash since your onlyasking traffictopulloverso you can passand mainly need cars in front of you to see you not behind you.

If your looking to install rear strobes its very easy to do on the H3, just remove the panel on the pass side rear trunk area, tap into the aux power back there, and you can run the wires right out the turn signal wires to the lamp assemblies. I've done it and looks very nice and hidden nicely.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:21 PM

And remember...LED's are the way to go. Strobes are so 20th Century and wash out in sunlight really bad. LED's are bright in day and night and don't ever lose their brightness.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Old 01-19-2009, 05:05 PM

Importkiller what brand are those strobes that you keep posting? Thank You

Old 01-19-2009, 05:52 PM

We use a blue/white Whelen LED on the dash and it is way more than bright! It moves traffic very well and has limited flashback. i also agree with the post made by the Police Officer. I am a retired NY State Trooper and learned very early in my career to give the VF's a break - giving them a hard time is sort of like crapping where you eat. It paid off for me when I was seriously injured in an on-duty car wreck - they were the first ones there! Here's a pic of our H3 with the dash light.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6301/091836DC6F8D4E7DB336E1B156684583.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-19-2009, 08:39 PM

Try the Mini Phantom Max from Galls or FireAuthority.com. It is a dash light which can also be used on the rear deck or window. I can't really see any P.O. giving you a hard time. Maybe things are different on your neck of the woods. Good luck!!!

Old 01-19-2009, 09:01 PM

What I meant to say was the headlight strobes that Importkiller has a video of not the light bar? What I was wondering was if anyone had a link or knows where I am able to get those ones as they are supper bright. Thank You and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:39 PM

Whelen Dominator 4 or 8 head mounted underneath the front crossbar facing forward, another Dominator 4 or 8 head under the rear crossbar facing rearward and a 4 head Dominator mounted along the rack rails on either side of the roof. You'd be covered. Have seen a black and white Expedition equipped as such and it was very effective, the low profile of a slicktop with the power of a lightbar.

If more to the front is needed add a Whelen Vertex Hideaway LED in each foglight assemble. Sync them all together and voila.