PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Finally, My H3 Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Finally, My H3 Pics!

ORIGINAL: CerberusSVT

lookin' good, but you need more chrome!!

the pictures definately make more sense of your light bar than my squinting at your avatar picture did LOL, thanks for posting those up!
Thanks again. Actually there are only a few more things I plan to get: The stainless steel brush guard, the chrome tail light guards, the chrome center caps, and possibly the stailness steel tow hooks. I'm a little weary about those tow hooks though. I know they look nice, but I wonder if they are really as strong as the factory ones. That's one thing where functionality is more important to me then looks. After all that, I'm done.

Next is the 2009 Camaro. Damn I can't wait for that

Old 10-02-2006, 12:23 AM

The Solid Stainless ones, like the ones you can get from StallionsCustom, are way stronger than the factory's.

Old 10-02-2006, 11:34 AM

Truck looks nice, Mike!!! Good job!!

Those exhaust tips will be toast if you take it off roading. Your departure angle is about half of spec.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I'm starting to re-think whether I want to take it off-roading anymore. It's one of the main reasons I bought it, but now that I have it lookin all spiffy-like, I may just join the like of HummBob and say "Off-Roading; What's that?" ;-)

Old 10-02-2006, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Well, I'm starting to re-think whether I want to take it off-roading anymore. It's one of the main reasons I bought it, but now that I have it lookin all spiffy-like, I may just join the like of HummBob and say "Off-Roading; What's that?" ;-)
i understand that line of thought. My 2 has lost a grille, its steps (my fault for leaving them on), and a bumper to offroad damage.

nice choice & balance of bling, BTW

Old 10-02-2006, 12:26 PM

hahaha, that makes me think of my dad when I was younger & he just got a mitsubishi montero... he was at the gas station filling it up when some random guy comes up and says "hey cool truck, do you ever take it off road?" my dad had the quick response of "yeah, sometimes when I go to football games, they make me park on the grass"

Old 10-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Greenblade

i understand that line of thought. My 2 has lost a grille, its steps (my fault for leaving them on), and a bumper to offroad damage.

Thank you. I honestly wanted to go the al blacked out/same color grill theme, but my wife started getting me into the chrome accessories. I found most of my stuff on eBay and was patient doing so. As much as I drive my H3, I'm starting to wonder if I want to take the chance destroying something by going off-roading. I really want to, but I also like my H3 being in good shape.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

hahaha, that makes me think of my dad when I was younger & he just got a mitsubishi montero... he was at the gas station filling it up when some random guy comes up and says "hey cool truck, do you ever take it off road?" my dad had the quick response of "yeah, sometimes when I go to football games, they make me park on the grass"
It's actually a little embarrasing if you tell people you haven't. Then they automatically assume you aren't going to. Not that I really give two @!$#$ what people think, but at the same time, it defeats the purpose of having a off-road vehicle. We'll see. Maybe I'll just buy a dirt bike ;-)

Old 10-02-2006, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Greenblade

Thank you. I honestly wanted to go the al blacked out/same color grill theme, but my wife started getting me into the chrome accessories. I found most of my stuff on eBay and was patient doing so. As much as I drive my H3, I'm starting to wonder if I want to take the chance destroying something by going off-roading. I really want to, but I also like my H3 being in good shape.
yeah, i understand that train of thought. I lucked out as i had a spare grille & the bumper needs to be swapped out for a winch bumper anyway. I'm going to try to handle it by putting repairable stuff on the lower part of the truck (line-X or something that i can touch up) and transfering bling and custom paint to the top.

we'll have to see how it goes.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:48 PM

It's actually a little embarrasing if you tell people you haven't. Then they automatically assume you aren't going to. Not that I really give two @!$#$ what people think, but at the same time, it defeats the purpose of having a off-road vehicle. We'll see. Maybe I'll just buy a dirt bike ;-)
yeah, you're right about that... I did it a couple times and my rear fenders didn't like all of the mud being thrown at them (mostly afterwards & driving on the road again). I think I did it initially just to say that I have done it, I'm not against doing it, I just need to find a way to protect my truck better before I go back again (I like it too much!)

Quick Reply: Finally, My H3 Pics!