PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Finally installed rocky road sliders

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 01:53 PM

I installed mine a few days ago and keep hitting them when I get in the T.Name:  photo17-3.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  274.2 KB

Old 06-24-2012, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Major Tom
I had mine blasted and I re painted them with duplicolor truckbed liner, they came out great
I just paint mine with the same thing and there are looking, I hope there look as good come spring

Old 06-24-2012, 09:55 PM

Cant go wrong with the Rock Rails.. Makes sliding underneath alot easier, more clearance, more protection, and unless someones doors are higher than your rails, might also save the doors from the dreaded door dings... Alot of positives... Also since I took of the nerf bars a clunking noise went away, It seems as if it was coming from the passenger side one.. Good riddance.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:49 AM

Much mo better. My wife didn't like the idea of losing the step when I replaced the stock nerf bars with the T version of these, but they stick out just far enough you can still use them as a step. One day I'll get around to coating mine with bedliner.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pappibri
Cant go wrong with the Rock Rails.. Makes sliding underneath alot easier, more clearance, more protection, and unless someones doors are higher than your rails, might also save the doors from the dreaded door dings... Alot of positives... Also since I took of the nerf bars a clunking noise went away, It seems as if it was coming from the passenger side one.. Good riddance.
I'm the other way around, with my n-fab steps everything was tight but with my sliders on the drive side I have a clunking noise but I think I just need a deep well socket and it'll be just fine.

But I do like you point with someone door banging into the sliders, some d!ck jumped out of his car and slammed the hell out of his door into the slider. I smiled and nodded to him and then jump into my T and drove off.

Name:  photo8-4.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  184.3 KB

Last edited by SolidJJ; 06-25-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:49 PM

Serves the fool right for just slamming open his door.. Some people dont think, dont care or in some cases, just plain dont have a clue... Those are the people who's cars or trucks look like crap and in disrepair... By the way, the T is looking sweet...SolidJJ

Old 06-25-2012, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pappibri
Serves the fool right for just slamming open his door.. Some people dont think, dont care or in some cases, just plain dont have a clue... Those are the people who's cars or trucks look like crap and in disrepair... By the way, the T is looking sweet...SolidJJ
Tang Mike she's my baby and I couldn't live without her, it really sucks when I go down range but when I do she gets tons of parts!!!!

My whole bully is protected now!!!!
Name:  photo15-5.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  187.3 KB

Last edited by SolidJJ; 06-25-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:11 AM

Looks good. My dad always said, dont go out without protection, I thought he was talking about something else, but I did drive a truck back then...Hmmmmmmm

Old 06-26-2012, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by SolidJJ
But I do like you point with someone door banging into the sliders, some d!ck jumped out of his car and slammed the hell out of his door into the slider. I smiled and nodded to him and then jump into my T and drove off.
Reminds me... A couple months ago my wife and I were getting into my T in a parking lot. I started laughing and when my wife asked why I told her someone hit my sliders. She freaked thinking the side of the truck was dented or worse, but the only "damage" was a long white streak on the outside of the slider.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:52 PM

do the rocky road sliders stick out further than the OEM sliders? i havent really looked yet to see if the OEM ones provide the same protection as the RRs. ill try to park a car next to it sometime and open the doors and see. after awhile, they sure start to look better than the side steps, although if youre tall, the steps dont really matter anyways.
So where did you guys get the skid plates for the front leaf spring?

Quick Reply: Finally installed rocky road sliders