PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Finally have my H3... Have a ? about autostart

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Default Finally have my H3... Have a ? about autostart

Just picked up a 2007 and have been making the "to do list". Auto Start is on the list and I see there are a couple of varieties. I see the "programable styles" and the pre programmed styles.

What do you suggest? Is there an advantage to one or the other?

Attached Thumbnails Finally have my H3... Have a ? about autostart-h3.jpg  
Old 11-25-2012, 04:23 PM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on picking up your rig.. Looks sweet. I dont have a autostart, nor will I put one on. But just wanted to welcome ya and keep us posted on any mods.. We love pics.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:32 PM

Welcome to the forum....
Auto start can be done from what I've read, but is known to cause some gremlins.

Chris

Old 11-25-2012, 04:41 PM

Heard this from a friend that is a "Jeep Fanatic" as well. Thank you for the heads up. I spent a good 6 months researching Hummers and unfortunately, the H2 was not practical for me. With winter coming here in NJ, its just so much nicer to step into a nice warm vehicle. That's the only reason I was considering it.

Hearing from you guys.......you just convinced me to cross this off the list. Thank you!!!

The site here is great. I have been reading plenty here and was waiting to join when I was able to say I own one. You will probably see me here asking and answering ( what I can). The only issue I seem to have right now is that dam "low tire" alarm. Goes off after a few minutes of driving, tires seem to be within 1# of each other. I have 33" on 18" wheels.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:15 PM

Ive got 32" and air em to 36- 38lbs. Seems to work real well. There is a relearning process. also spare needs air pressure checked.
Chris

Old 11-25-2012, 11:48 PM

First check to see if the previous owner actually installed the TPMs into each rim.
Then set the air pressure to above 34psi.
If you still have an issue try above 37psi, If it is still going off then you have a bad TPM.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:12 PM

Cold weather sets my sensors off all the time. That might be your issue too! It goes off after a bit of driving around for me. Nice h3!

Old 12-01-2012, 05:46 AM

Hello, welcome to the Forum..

I have a 2007 Hummer H3 and just recently installed a Viper Security Alarm + Auto Start Not knowing **** about electronics, I hired Best Buy to install it. After install, they had issue with Passlock interfering with the Viper alarm system. Each time the Viper would try starting the vehicle, the vehicle would shut it down and prevent it from restarting.

The final fix that my technician friend at Best buy determined was that the computer needed time to "wake up" before trying to start it. So he rewired it to where the computer in the Hummer goes through system checks first and then Viper requests the engine to start. Ever since figuring that out, my truck has started 100% every time.

I understand this is a poor example. Like I said, I don't know **** about electronics but that was the way i understood it when my techpriest of a friend figured out the issues with Passlock interfering with Viper.

I hope this helps. If you need more information or anyone else for that matter, I will try and have my friend type up a more technical explaination. I haven't seen anyone else talking about it here on the Forums, so I haven't typed up anything about my experience yet until now.

Secondly, cold wather sets off my tire pressure sensor as well. I just recently aired up to 50 PSI and they stay off now.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Default remote start

06 h3 installed smart start. i can start the truck with my phone and it works great.