PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Finally added my roof rear marker lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Default Sorry if I am hijacking thread...

Slash X,

What front light kit did you use? Part numbers or sources would be appreciated.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rodzlla
Slash X,

What front light kit did you use? Part numbers or sources would be appreciated.
Got my kit from (Brodie) at Ridgedemon. The part # 19166038 is a direct GM part. This is the newest part from GM. It has been upgraded from the original GM part. The kit comes with (All) lights, template, hardware and wiring harness complete to install.

Talk to "Brodie" via e-mail sales@ridgedemon.com

He is top notch with his responce and help

Old 12-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Default Finally added my roof rear marker lights

Been looking for them but all I can find are white or amber covers? Seems like someone would make them due to they have the front and rear blackout lights, why not the these? I might just have to paint them with that transparent black paint...

Old 12-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Default Wrong part number

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
It was all DIY. The 3 center lamps are: TruckLite model #15250R http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs...3715&langId=-1
The mounts for them are: TruckLite model #00809 http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs...3951&langId=-1
The 2 corner lamps are: Weldon model # 5060-7000-10 http://www.weldoninc.com/PDFs/PDF_Ca...rker_Lamps.pdf

They are all LED's, and total cost was about $55
Sorry, I had the wrong part number shown for the Weldon corner lights. I corrected.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Default pics?

slash X, can you post some pics of what that light kit looks like and how much does it cost?

Old 12-09-2010, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Slash x
Broken Halo

Thanks for the input on the rear lights. I appreciate that you provided part #"s and pictures.

Maybe a little install write up would be cool to do for all of us. I am curious as to where you ran the wiring for the hook up to the existing running light circuit(s) and what panels or (Inside/outside) moldings you had to remove to make this happen.

I too just installed the (Front) running light klt. As everyone has said, it was a little nerve racking to drill the roof line for the kit but after laying out the template, it went on really well. The front corner lights were really easy to install due to the (pre-marked) spots to drill out and mount.

I am totally sold on the light kit after the install. No wind noise at all from the kit. Makes a major difference in the look of the H3 ---------- Now, on to the rear lights !!!!
Previous post explains how I mounted/wired the 3 centers. After fishing them from the jack storage area, I tied them together, then ran 1 wire through the corrugated rubber tube at the hinge area (you can pop this tube fitting off the body to gain access behind it). If you remove the left tail lamp assembly, you can pop out the rubber wire grommet that goes into the body. I fished the wire coming from the corrugated rubber tube, to the brown wire at the back of the grommet, and used a 'Scotch-lock' connector to join them. Since the (3) center lamps self ground through their mounting screws, that took care of all the necessary wiring for them. On to the (2) corner lights. Since they have a separate hot and ground wire, I lengthened them (they're only 6") and ran them down, behind the corner trim pieces. You need to remove the right tail lamp assembly also. I then used the 'Scotch-locks' and connected the marker light ground to the black tail-light wire, and the marker light hot to the brown tail-light wire at the front of the grommet. Done

Last edited by Broken Halo; 12-15-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:11 PM

I think when I get my front marker lights I am going to run just two corner tail markers, I just don't want to drill more into the metal. I am paranoid about rust!!!

Looks good man!

Old 12-11-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by tate2326
slash X, can you post some pics of what that light kit looks like and how much does it cost?
Sorry for the delay. Was out of town for business

Here's a picture of the running lights at night -- still haven't taken a day time picture yet. This picture is with my cell phone so pardon the lousy resolution

Attached Thumbnails Finally added my roof rear marker lights-img_0518.jpg  
Old 12-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Default lights

that looks sweet. Have you had any leaks? did you rig them to come on any time your headlights are on, or do they come on with a switch like fog lights?

not only would i be worried about leaks in my roof but i don't know how to get in behind the dash without breaking any snaps...

Old 12-13-2010, 10:41 AM

It sounds like he just tapped into the wires running to the tail lights, so when the lights are, so are the new marker lights.

Quick Reply: Finally added my roof rear marker lights