PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

The Few...The Proud...The Marines

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: The Few...The Proud...The Marines

I do the Wounder Warrior Project and USO every month. Both great organizations.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:00 PM

Okay I've made a few contacts to start the ball rolling, let's see where this leads our small coalition of the willing!

[IMG]local://upfiles/4143/2221F6CEEE2B4607A8FBD5EE7E94593B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-27-2008, 03:13 PM

Just became aware of this website:

http://wheelersforthewounded.org/getinvolved.htm

Check it out.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Keep us posted on your progress.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:41 PM

Geeggee, What would be your idea on this. I have a freind who is a director. I can call himpersonally tomorrow and get some input from him. PM me or write it here. Are you looking for say all of us to redo this truck and donate the proceeds. Are we going to give them the truck to use? Just let em know as I will give her a try tomorrow, Mike

Old 03-27-2008, 09:42 PM

By the way thanks 3 hummers for your work withthose organizations as I know I and a bunch more appreciate that, thanks,Mike

Old 03-27-2008, 09:43 PM

HOOAH

Old 03-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Can't do enough.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:16 PM

Gunz

I'm just floating some ideas. I can't do much by myself on this one. I've gotten the word that the Marine H3 is maybe worse than I appreciated since it got rolled. But yes...if we could get a really good deal on it and work out a plan to get it back inreally greatcondition then giving it to one of the charities mentioned would be nice.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there seems to be a wealth of talent here which could make this happen. Personally Imight be ablescrounge up some contributions...both financial and materialfor such a project.

Maybe the Marine H3 is too far gone, but there are some other potential H3s out there which could get a makeover and get donated. First thing is to see if such a contribution would be welcomed by WWP, Fisher House or even Wheels for the Wounded. No reason to go with my initial thought and create Hummers4Vets.org if we can achieve the same end result by working with an established charity.

I don't see this as an individual vehicle for a particular vet. I see it as a vehicle to be donated to a Fisher House for the house use, or for WWP as a transportation source and so on. If it's a Hummer I think it should serve as a rolling advertisement for the charity it serves. It should prominently display the appropriate military insignias and perhaps some logos of the high dollar sponsors. It goes without saying that if this forum can facilitate this project then appropriate recognition of the forumand it's members should receive a prominent mention.

The Hummer has gained a reputation as being a bit of a hero in natural disaster situations. Rough and rugged...kind of a current day version ofthe Saint Bernard.

What better vehicle to offer to the mentioned charities then a Hummer?

Old 03-28-2008, 10:18 AM

DeCA is an acronym for "Defense Commissary Agency".
Here are four emails I'd like to share:
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 2:52 PM
To: Hoke, Timothy J.
Subject: Tim...we're trying to launch a project for Wounded Warrior
Tim,

On the link provided I've started trying to get the forum membership to do a project to benefit Wounded Warrior organization. Any thoughts would be helpful.
To: <samedaydvd@earthlink.net>
Date: 3/28/2008 8:46:03 AM
Subject: RE: Tim...we're trying to launch a project for Wounded Warrior
That's fantastic George. Just recently I was in Germany and went to visit the Fisher House at Landstuhl and meet the woman who runs the place there and was just blown away by what these folks do for our troops and their families. As far as how this particular group could benefit these organizations, more than anything they need money, and a constant flow of it. The Hummer idea is fantastic, and could even be ramped up to a charity auction of sorts. The vehicle itself could be beneficial for those families that don't have readily available transportation, but the proceeds from an auction on a revamped and decked out Hummer, especially when the proceeds go to something like this could be significant. Hell, get some celebrity to help out. Most of my contacts are on the European side, but it may be a start. Just let me know.
Thanks,
1LT Tim Hoke (soon to be CPT if they'll ever cut the damn orders...)
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 10:07 AM
To: Hoke, Timothy J.
Subject: RE: Tim...we're trying to launch a project for Wounded Warrior

Tim,

The Hummer4Vets idea has taken a new and improved direction in the last 24 hours. Some of the Hummer forum members have correctly pointed out to me that it might be easier to work on generating donations to outright purchase a Hummer H3 for the Fisher House and/or Wounded Warrior Project. So what I hope to accomplish today is to contact the two mentioned charities and convince them to generate a link where contributions can be collected and applied towards the purchase of a new Hummer H3 vehicle. One vehicle will make a little difference, but if we can make this happen once then who knows maybe we'll just keep doing it.

Both Fisher House and Wounded Warrior Project encourage public support. They already have the accountability and contributions process in place. Both charities are 501c3, not for profit charities and as such a donation made to either of them is tax deductible. Anyone can make a general donation to those charities at any time. But what I sense is
that the Hummer forum members can relate to the Hummer4Vets iniciative in a unique way and they're ready to go with it now. These are the two forums that I participate in: www.------------- and www.------------ . The thread on both forums is titled "The Few...The Proud...The Marines".
So Tim, I would like your permission to cut, paste and post your email to me on the thread. It could help to get more people motivated.
Thanks for your enthusiasm!

George
Absolutely George. Just let me know if there is any other way I can help out. I'm going to be leaving DeCA by the way and going back on Active Duty working up in DC as of 14 April. I may be able to work some more contacts that way as well.

Thanks again,
1LT Hoke

Quick Reply: The Few...The Proud...The Marines