PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FedEx is coming to my house tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Default RE: FedEx is coming to my house tomorrow!

Ladders for vertically challenged people????

Old 05-09-2007, 11:29 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

too bad yours are going to waste... lol unless you mistakenly driver over a prius..

Old 05-09-2007, 11:44 PM

I put mine on by myself with no problem. I spent about 2 hours total to put that on and the rock rail protectors. The rock rails are a pain to put on. You will be happy with the underbody armor. When I first looked at it, I was thinking I was wasting my money, but after the abuse I've put them through, with barely a dent, I'd say they are probably the best improvement I have made to the H3, second only to maybe the rock rails, but that would be a close one. I have had the entire front end stuck in the air after landing on a rock on the UBA. That is where the dent came from. I only foundthe dentby getting underthe vehicle and looking.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:05 AM

ORIGINAL: jdrew

ORIGINAL: HummBob

too bad yours are going to waste... lol unless you mistakenly driver over a prius..
You should see the Princess in the winter at the MALL, we always ******* park on top of the CLOSEST snowbank to the door!!

Old 05-10-2007, 10:45 AM

ok... i have been workign at these for 2 hours and cant get the DAMN front bolts to grab.. they are in NOW WAY long enough to go through the skidplate, underarmor and crossmember... What the hell gives?

Anyone have any ideas?

Old 05-10-2007, 11:19 AM

Are you sure you are using the correct bolts? I remember some got reused, and then others were included with the kit. It also seems to me that there are nuts on those two up front as well. Dont forget to put in the spacer piece on the passenger side.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:25 AM

I just put these on my truck recently and there should be all the hardware in a bag with the INSTRUCTIONS "hint" and was very easy to install. If I remember right there is longer bolts to replace the ones in the rear of the original shield. The only thing I did not like was the spacer for the front corner of the new shield. It is to small and bends the frame tab in a little. They are a little heavy but can be done by yourself. Steve

Old 05-10-2007, 11:27 AM

im reusing the two front bolts as it says in the instructions... it tells me that i will reuse all 5 botls i take out.. 2 from the front powertrain shield and 3 from the transfer case shield...

Its the powertrain shield bolts that are not long enough

Old 05-10-2007, 12:07 PM

ahhh.. im missing the 2 extra bolts in the packing... off to the hardware store.. lol

Old 05-10-2007, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: jdrew

ok... i have been workign at these for 2 hours and cant get the DAMN front bolts to grab.. they are in NO WAY long enough to go through the skidplate, underarmor and crossmember... What the hell gives?

Anyone have any ideas?
You're mechanically challenged?

Sorry, I can't be of any real help.

Quick Reply: FedEx is coming to my house tomorrow!