PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Fallz got me thinking

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Default RE: Fallz got me thinking

#1 Liars!!!

By Joe Benton
ConsumerAffairs.Com
November 30, 2005
Toyota has sold more than 500,000 of the Prius hybrids, setting the mark in October amid continuing complaints about gasoline mileage claims. While the Japanese automaker is developing a loyal band of Prius owners, it's also amassing a gaggle of angry Priusians.
Feelings run deep among people who have endured waiting lists and additional premiums, particularly those who feel they were sold a pig in a poke.
Deborah H. in Louisville, Kentucky is angry. "I feel there was false advertising by Toyota stating there was 50 miles per gallon on the highway and 60 miles per hour in the city driving my Toyota Prius hybrid," she wrote.
Deborah was one of thousands of Prius buyers who paid the dealer a "market adjustment" or extra money for her new hybrid.
"They jacked up the price $8,000 from sticker stating it was a car that was hard to come by and that was their price. They said I would actually save money on gas."
But Deborah writes that gas mileage results her Prius achieves continue to be disappointing: "After six months of tracking, the best mileage I ever got was 43 miles per gallon. Most often my mileage is between 30 and 36 miles per gallon."
The mileage, she complains, is "no better than cars I have had in the past. I am very disappointed in Toyota's advertising and the money I have shelled out."
A Toyota spokesman contacted by ConsumerAffairs.Com insists that 30 to 36 miles to a gallon is not possible with a Prius unless driver error or a mechanical problem is involved.
Laurie K. in Folsom, California finally concluded her mileage problem must be driver error with her Prius. She solved the nagging mileage issue by paying close attention to the onboard computer in her hybrid.
"I have owned a Toyota Prius since 2004. I too was getting poor mileage," she wrote. "However, after many months I finally discovered the secret to getting higher mileage. I keep the computer screen on that shows how many miles per gallon I'm getting."
The computer tracks mileage every 15 to 30 minutes, Laurie said.
"I just watch the gauge and keep my foot lightly on the gas pedal. I have averaged 60 miles per gallon when I do this. However, if I am in a rush, I get lower gas mileage because I do not have time to gently take off from a stoplight or drive slower by easing up on the gas pedal."
Laurie says that if driven correctly, her Prius now averages 60 mpg.
"My husband and I finally figured it out, she wrote. "Now we have a goal to try and keep the average, but it takes practice and a visual of the computer screen to make sure you are driving appropriately."
Irene S. in Montebello, California, wrote that the mileage drop-off in her 2005 Prius was almost immediate.
"When I started driving the car, I got 44 mpg on the street. Presently, I am still driving the car on the street and getting about 24 mpg and the odometer reads 780 miles."
Dave B. in Laguna Woods, California, reports similar problems with his 2004 Prius but he knew the cause. The gasoline engine is running too much: "The last two times I filled the tank I got 25 miles per gallon. Not acceptable. The gasoline engine runs continuously."
Dave's Toyota dealer where he purchased the hybrid has been unable to help after three trips to the service department. "They agree the gasoline engine should not start up until the car gets up to 20 miles per hour, but cannot correct the problem," he wrote.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

ORIGINAL: importkiller

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

TOYOTAS ARE THE BEST AROUND NEVER A PROBLEM WITH THEM AND ITS MY MONEY I BUY WHAT I WANT FOR WHAT I GET I HAD A GM BEFORE BRAND NEW 8 TRANY LATER ETC. THEY COULD OF GAVE ME 8 SUVS FOR NOTHING FOR THE MONEY THEY PUT INTO IT.

I HOPE I GET YOU GOING HA HA

for someone with as close an eye for detail as you I'm surprised you like Jap Crap....screw bieng nice...it's on!! This is a HUMMER board...right?!?!
This is a HUMMER board...right?!?! oh **** what te hell im i doing here i thought thid was a Toyota forum no wounder why nothing made sence.[sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 07-20-2006, 06:00 PM

No offense taken. My G was my 1st and last import. All my other previous vehicles were GM with the exception of a T-Bird. I am veryproud to drive American.

Old 07-20-2006, 09:38 PM

OK I'll leave !!

Old 07-20-2006, 10:22 PM

no don't leave

Old 07-20-2006, 10:59 PM

Fallz.......no need to leave.....everyone takes their own stands. I've checked out other sites and I liked this one the best because everyone here is like family. Yea, we argue sometimes, but so does every family. I'm sure you will have some good insight to problems others post..........so stick around. After all, we are all here for one reason, we love Hummers.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-20-2006, 11:06 PM

PLUS WE HAVE A LOT OF FUN WITH EACH OTHER LIKE TODAY YOU HAVE TO STAY ONCE YOU LOG ON YOU CANT LOG OFF

Old 07-20-2006, 11:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Fallz

OK I'll leave !!
Ditto everyones last remarks to you...

But if it makes you feel any better, This H3 is the first American Made car I've owned since I bought new a 1972 Gremlin X (Kenosha Rattle trap)..After that I swore I'd never own another American made hunk of junk again...Well here I am with the most famous GM truck after owning; A VW bug, two Toyota Celica GT's, a Toyota Supra, a Mazda RX-7 turbo, a Mazda B2200 P/U, a Mercedes 300E, A Land Rover and a Jaguar...Guess what? I'm glad I got the H3..I've never regretted it a minute either...

As One Milwaukee boy to another, I'm one of the old farts here, so you'd better listen to me..Stop whinning about American made vs Foreign made, there is no arguement which is better made...Get what ever the hell you like and are sure the most about, and we'll still like to see you post here about it anyway..Okay?..Okay!

Old 07-21-2006, 07:49 PM

I'll be hangin out , just given ya crap. Was at the dealer today for my interview

Old 07-21-2006, 07:51 PM

[sm=signs003.gif]

Quick Reply: Fallz got me thinking