PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Fabricated Rock Sliders idea

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Default Fabricated Rock Sliders idea

Eventually i would like to have some rock sliders fabricated for my H3, here is the style i would like to achieve. The sliders pictured are not made for an H3, but i would like to use the same design. Do these look functionable? im worried rocks might get hung up in the space in between. Then again, i probably wont be going too crazy where i'll be using them all the time. I used to trek up some gnarly terrain in my old cherokees without sliders and still had plenty of fun and was able to go most anywhere with careful driving. I can probably have something like this done by my local fabricator for around $400-$500. Although im thinking of buying the metal myself and cutting the pieces i need and just have him do the welds for much cheaper.

Attached Thumbnails Fabricated Rock Sliders idea-rockslider.jpg  
Old 06-21-2011, 04:21 PM

I would weld a steel plate to the underside between the two rails. That'll keep rocks from getting caught in there.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:26 PM
rsc

I'm not going to cross-link to that piratey site, but Google "Strong Side" DIY Rock Sliders by ORI. They have a set that looks like what you're talking about made from DOM stock for a pretty darn good price if you can weld them on the frame yourself. I have seen them for various vehicles, give them a call with a specific length for the H3 but I bet they are close in length to the Wrangler Unlimited sliders he makes. I'm thinking of getting a set of these myself instead of going through the trouble of cutting and welding my own tubing when I can get these already built and just waiting to be welded on.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by rsc
I'm not going to cross-link to that piratey site, but Google "Strong Side" DIY Rock Sliders by ORI. They have a set that looks like what you're talking about made from DOM stock for a pretty darn good price if you can weld them on the frame yourself. I have seen them for various vehicles, give them a call with a specific length for the H3 but I bet they are close in length to the Wrangler Unlimited sliders he makes. I'm thinking of getting a set of these myself instead of going through the trouble of cutting and welding my own tubing when I can get these already built and just waiting to be welded on.
Nice! i like those sliders even better. I'll just have my buddy weld mounting plates on and bolt them on in the factory mounting points. thanks rsc

Attached Thumbnails Fabricated Rock Sliders idea-ori-rock-slider.jpg  

Last edited by mthoodh3; 06-23-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by mthoodh3
Nice! i like those sliders even better. I'll just have my buddy weld mounting plates on and bolt them on in the factory mounting points. thanks rsc
That picture looks like a Rocky Road Superslider. Is it the cost of them or do you just want to make your own set?

Old 06-24-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
That picture looks like a Rocky Road Superslider. Is it the cost of them or do you just want to make your own set?
yeah kinda want to customize as many mods as i can for my truck but i also like saving money anywhere i can so i can buy the next mod for my truck or bike. haha.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by mthoodh3
yeah kinda want to customize as many mods as i can for my truck but i also like saving money anywhere i can so i can buy the next mod for my truck or bike. haha.
Got'cha!