PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Which Exhaust system for a H3? Would like to hear your comments!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 12:54 AM
Default RE: Which Exhaust system for a H3? Would like to hear your comments!

i heard magnaflow are good systems for hummers

Old 07-19-2007, 07:49 PM

Well, my Magnaflow system came today and hope to have it installed the first of the week. We'll see how good the magnaflow system. First time for magnaflow, have had Corsa Exhaust on the last two Corvettes.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2759/4CCEABE4BF514871A6E3079F13A0CC45.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2759/38E7C44AF5804C1D869845FFF1071BD0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-19-2007, 10:14 PM

I wanta new exhaust system , but I don't want the mad bumble bee sound. I seen a H3 that had a diffrent exhaust and it sounded like it had a V8 .it wasnt an alpha

Old 07-19-2007, 10:25 PM

ORIGINAL: hummer

I wanta new exhaust system , but I don't want the mad bumble bee sound. I seen a H3 that had a diffrent exhaust and it sounded like it had a V8 .it wasnt an alpha
the flowmaster has a deep sound
no bee sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhfwNUYQgt4

Old 07-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry not to respond sooner, I had a couple forum members pm and e mail me and I responded to those, but not in the forum. I have approx 2560 miles on mine. The first week I thought............oh boy, what did I do now? It had an ugly drone sound to it. It also smelled the first two days as all the cutting oil etc. burned off.
After appx 2 weeks it settled in a bit. The more I drove it, the more I liked how it began to break in. Yes, I realized I probably was also getting used to the exhaust note as well. At the end of the first week I checked all the clamps and cat flange bolts, nice and tight. Now, it is just what I wanted. Like kild1 said, it has a good sound, not like a big bug. It IS AN INLINE 5, not a V6 or 8, so it of course sounds different. Better than the vacume cleaner stock sound!!!! It does drone a bit at say just under 60, little less at 70-75,and it does not disappear like the Borla sound at highway speed. I like it much better after the first 1000 miles or so.
Hope this helps anyone interested. The welds, muffler, clampsand tips are quality, and the tips line up perfectly with the bumber detents.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:44 AM

what exactly are you guys getting outta your exhaust,i mean performance wise or mpg wise,i cant see getting any more mpg but i could be wrong

Old 10-02-2007, 08:00 AM

All the aftermarket exhausts are similar in design, they are non-restrictive designs, meaning they don't have inline baffles to quiet the sound, baffles restrict airflow and power. My Magnaflows are not too loud, don't have that 4 banger bee sound either, it has a nice mellow sound, just right IMO.

Remember, any motor is a pump, more air in and out with less restrictions = more power. The Magnaflows have a tube inside the muffler with holes in it which lets some exhaust noise vent into the holes and gets absorbed by the muffler insulation mass surrounding the holes in the pipes. It's really amazing that they dampen the sound as much as they do without any restrictions in airflow. With improved exhaust flow the perfect marriage is to increase intake airflow with a K&N or whathaveyou. Makes perfect sense to me and like Doc said, the Magnaflows mount up perfectly and look factory, my alignment was spot on after tightening everything up.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Yep. What Hummer Driver said!! Quality of the Magnaflow is excellent, lifetime warranty, reasonable price. Borla is probably a bit better quality, but a Borla system is darn near twice the price, and Borla is not THAT much better. I can't say I got anincrease in mileage that I can measure at the pump, but I can say without a doubt that drivability is increased, mileage can't get hurt (unless you put your foot in it for the sound) and with other mods like an intake and PCMtune, Cat back systems do help the performance. D Vader just put on the GM Billy Boat system.There is also Corsa, Gibson, Volant, and the over price GM SS Cat back system that you get to pay extra for the tips to be included, just to name a few. Many choices for sure. I'm happy with the magnaflow system. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 11-26-2007, 11:03 AM

Well I haven;t decided on which one Im going to get but I narrowed it down to the Magnaflow and the Borla.

Here are the cheapest I found them at MagnaflowPlanet and BorlaParts

Magnaflow 16630 Hummer H3 Exhaust

and the

Borla Hummer H3 Exhaust System, Borla 140166

Old 11-26-2007, 12:18 PM

I got my Borla from BorlaParts and I love it. My friend has the magnaflow but mine sounds way better and he is pissed

Borla Hummer H2 Exhaust System, Borla 140037$856.49Free Shipping
Borla Hummer H2 Exhaust System, Borla 140037

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust system for a H3? Would like to hear your comments!