PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Which exhaust with air ride? apparently not magnaflow...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Default Which exhaust with air ride? apparently not magnaflow...

[hr]

I did a couple searches but didnt find anything. I posted this on another site as well.

I ordered the Magnaflow 'split dual' exhuast for my 2005 h2 with adventure package which of course includes air ride.

I picked this exhaust because I liked the looks better as well as the instructions for the other kit (both tips are together and exit out the passenger side) specifically says 'Excluding Air Ride Suspension' however the kit I ordered did NOT say this.

So I tried to put the kit on tonight with my friend who has a lift.

There is no way this kit fits with the air ride components mounted where they are. The pipe that leaves the muffler and goes to the drivers side apparently is supposed to cross right where these air pumps are.

So, has anyone installed this kit on a air ride h2?

what kit do you have that is meant for use on a truck with air ride..?[/align]

Old 08-25-2008, 03:24 AM
Default RE: Which exhaust with air ride? apparently not magnaflow...

That's weird??? I have air-ride and that is the same magnaflow I had installed 3 years ago?? A local shop did it sao I have no idea's HOW, but it sure SOUNDS AWESOME!!!

Name:  Copyof100_1402.jpg
Views: 1616
Size:  172.0 KB

Old 08-25-2008, 03:28 AM

The part number exhaust I have is 15770.....

Old 08-25-2008, 06:27 AM

Thanks Hummbob. Yours is the kit that says in the instructions it doesn't work on the air ride. But obviosly you have it.

I wonder if there is a difference between the air ride on regular models and air ride with the adventure package? Does the air pump inside the truck add something the others don't or does any air ride truck have the same setup?

Mine has a tray with what appears to be 2 pumps mounted. It is mounted below the frame rail in the middle of the truck. If the would have mounted the pumps up higher it would have been no issue.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:02 PM

Well, I found out what the deal is. Apparently there was a change mid year in 2005 where they relocated the air pumps-assembly. Mine looks to be a earlier model so my assembly is in the way.

So no magnaflow exhaust for me. I may look for Corsa. I called their tech support and the is no issue with the air ride since theirs goes 2 into 1 around the same place the factory does.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:00 AM

That's weird??? I had mine installed at a Performance Exhaust shop. They do a lot of cutom work and race cars. MAYBE they did something custom to mine to make it fit?? I dunno....and like I said, I had it done in 2005, so I doubt he'd remember??

Anyhoo......Good Luck with Corsa!! PM importkiller, I think he's a Corsa(maybe Volant??)rep and can get you a good deal!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 06:25 AM

Sounds good Hummbob.

Who knows, maybe Magnaflow jumped the gun saying your version wouldnt work with the air ride version/mounting I have. But I would hate to go through all the trouble getting that kit and find out there are issues there as well.

Corsa is very expensive. But they make a good product. I will pm import killer as you suggested. I appreciate it!

Old 08-26-2008, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Marauder

Sounds good Hummbob.

Who knows, maybe Magnaflow jumped the gun saying your version wouldnt work with the air ride version/mounting I have. But I would hate to go through all the trouble getting that kit and find out there are issues there as well.

Corsa is very expensive. But they make a good product. I will pm import killer as you suggested. I appreciate it!

No Probs.....Good Luck!!!

Old 08-31-2008, 12:33 PM

I had the same problem, but just ended up shaving a bit off the air pump mounting plate with a torch and did very minor adjustments on the kit. Works and sounds great.