PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

ever got attacked cause your rides a Hummer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Default ever got attacked cause your rides a Hummer?

Hi all,

I guess most of you guys are from the U.S.. I wonder what problem you guys have over there with political activists or people that hate on you because you drive a Hummer?

This year I know of 2 people that got attcked by some enviromentalists because they were driving a H2. You know global warming and that stuff is big in the news these days.
just this week a HUMMER H2 was burned down in Berlin Germany.
A lot of people think about switching to LPG with their HUMMERs and big vehicles.

Are you guys having similair problems?

Tino

Old 08-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Default RE: ever got attacked cause your rides a Hummer?

Here we have laws for such attacks, we also have the right to carry arms... simply, a person would have to be a fool to do it.

But yes, it happens rarely here. I think it's about to change for the better, as amajor consumers magazine just reported the H3 as one ofthe most fuel efficient SUV for it's class.

People who does these things are stupid. I wonder when they will realize that BURNING a car to protest the cars emissions is counter-productive?! This is like PETA killing puppies with clubsto protest animal abuse... or Greenpeace dumping barrels of oil in the ocean to protest oil-spills.

I bet these folks don't have an education much less of the knowledge that many cars and trucks are more inefficient than our Hummers. What I did find ironic was the other day how environmentalist freaks bashed Hummers, but when they got talking about cars; their dream car was a Bugatti Veyron... which just happens to get 2mpg. Go-Figure.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:55 AM

we have laws too but we're not allowed to carry arms.

but when your car is being burned down in the middle of the night without you or anyone noticing it ( until it burns ) any armor and law is useless.

Tino

Old 08-20-2007, 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Tino

but when your car is being burned down in the middle of the night without you or anyone noticing it ( until it burns ) any armor and law is useless.

Tino
The threat of knowing that you are going to find yourself road meat is a huge deterrent for most criminals. The problem is that Europe is a lot less laxed on laws and the liberal viewpoint of freedom of expression is almost limitless.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:13 AM

I never been attacked and doubt I ever will due to me being a big redskin. But have been givin the finger a couple times I think its hilarious

Old 08-20-2007, 12:01 PM

Enviromentalists are one of he most ignorant people( I know cause one of my friends is one and everytime i go somewhere with him I cant bring my H2, and he drives a honda insight), He thinks that getting 10mpg is bad, I read in a few magazine hat between the batteries and the dangerous chemicals it takes to make a prius it has more of an enviromental impact on the planet. Those people that burn or torch hummers are very unpatriotic people too because they rather support another country than there own and our soldiers drive hummers in iraq and every other war. just my 2 cents

Old 08-20-2007, 12:38 PM

ORIGINAL: ockie

ORIGINAL: Tino

Tino
The threat of knowing that you are going to find yourself road meat is a huge deterrent for most criminals. The problem is that Europe is a lot less laxed on laws and the liberal viewpoint of freedom of expression is almost limitless.
yes true and the mentality regarding this subject here in europe is totally different.

Sure not the H2 is not the most enviornment friendly vehicle but that doesn't give people the right to burn them down or attack people

great to hear some of your opinions on this

Old 08-20-2007, 12:41 PM

[8D] Go to this site and look at the second item down, I know alot of people that have it on their Hummers and other big trucks. I'm thinking about getting one just to see what people say. Just tell people you did the conversion yourself.

https://members.premiereinteractive....585/41406.htm#

Old 08-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Seheeooot Injunfarian, I never knew you were just across the lake over in Ontario. Howdy Bro. I'm proud of my redskin herritage. Fuchkowwee . Nah, Mom's side of the family, eastern Colorado.

No problems in Detroit!!! Might get your Toyota burned or bashed though[8D]

Old 08-20-2007, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Seheeooot Injunfarian, I never knew you were just across the lake over in Ontario. Howdy Bro. I'm proud of my redskin herritage. Fuchkowwee . Nah, Mom's side of the family, eastern Colorado.

No problems in Detroit!!! Might get your Toyota burned or bashed though[8D]
Yup, Just across the lake but I make frequent trips to both Detroit and Port Huron for shopping etc. As for my redskin heritage I got it from both sides my dad is 1/2 First Nation Chippewa 1/2 portuguese and my moms is 1/2 First Nation Oneida and 1/2 Italian so im a bit of a mut.

Quick Reply: ever got attacked cause your rides a Hummer?