PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Even more aggrivated and frustrated...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Default Even more aggrivated and frustrated...

Ok well after putting in the call to Hummer Customer Assistance like I said I was going to do, after the replacement of my steering shaft, a complete transmission failure while on the highway, and the dealerships incapabilities to fix a grinding brake noise on 5 separate occasions, I still get treated like crap.

To make a long story short - I called hummer customer care last Tuesday and they elevated my case to case management and assigned a case manager to my case and told me it would be 24 to 48 hours but not over that. Sure enough I don't get a call until this Monday at 5pm EST while I'm at work. And I had just missed the call and called back about a minute and a half later to the extension provided and got no answer. I called about 10 times after that and a lot on Tuesday of this week. Finally today I got a call around 3:00 PM and I answered the call and had low reception so I had told him I'd call him back on a landline phone at the extension he provided me. He acknowledged this and then when I called back not more than 30 seconds later, there has been no answer. I called hummer customer care and not even they can get in contact with them. I told them my case and basically they yes'd me to death and apologized, but I think thats all they do and I dont think they really give a damn..

Im so upset right now because not only is the truck they sold me a piece of crap but they can't even get on the phone with me. I asked them even to assign a new manager to my case but they said it would even take longer, two weeks at that. I wish I would have bought what I was initially going to buy a simple dodge nitro and pocketed the 20grand that I spent this piece of trash.

I know I sound like a whiny idiot, but I'm really not, I'm a very easy going guy, just very upset as I feel like I wasted 41,000$ on my first car purchase. It sucks to feel like this.

Here is the link to my original post: https://www.hummerforums.com/m_112904/tm.htm

EDIT- I just got off the phone them again and they again attempted to contact my case manager and were unable. I asked to speak with a supervisor and the girl said there was nothing she can do except email her supervisor and then have her supervisor email the case manager's supervisor. Which is kind of ridiculous if you ask me? They weren't able to provide me with anyone to speak to.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Default RE: Even more aggrivated and frustrated...

I know how you are feeling....TRUST ME....

I'm dealing with basically the same stuff on my end....but Hummer CA has always called me at a specific time.......I just off the phone with them again......Keep trying and just don't take any **** from them....BTW what state are you in???? I'm trying to keep track of which dealers to stay far away from!

Old 01-16-2008, 04:25 PM

I'm in New York, Long Island to be more specific. The dealer I've dealt with was SUN Hummer located in Wantaugh. They've been ok with the other situations I've had but this one they haven't been able to resolve with the brakes and when case management called them to see what the problem was, they said they didnt hear a noise, meanwhile when I let the service advisors drive my car, they both said they heard it and agreed that there was a problem. Go figure. I'm at the end of my rope here man.. And I bought this car too it's not even a lease where I'm out in 2 years .. Its a purchase that I put down 19,000 and owe 360$ for the next 5 years of my life and its defective.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:54 PM

Wow. I just got off the phone with someone, I tried on my last call and finally got someone in the same center he was. He wouldn't even get on the phone with me and told me he'd call me within the next hour. When I asked why he wasn't able to answer my call a minute after we spoke or return one of my 15 calls today he said he waited then went out to lunch and then has been in phone calls ever since (for the last four hours). I can't wait to get this guy on the phone to tell him without yelling becuase I don't think anything gets solved any better by yelling. I'll let you know what becomes of it..

Old 01-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

I can't believe you two are going through so much BS with Hummer. There are a few forum members that went through things like this before and unfortunately it took a month or two to get resolved. I hate to say it, but you can only be nice for so long. Sometimes you need to take action. If I was in your situations I would probably start researching your specific state's attorney's office web site and usually there will be information about how to proceed legally in situations like this.

I can't imagine how aggrivated you two are and you have every right to be. You don't have to apologize for being upset. When you spend that much money on something you would think they would care a bit to return a phone call. That's what these people are paid for.

It seems like they don't want to do their jobs. The dealer you purchase your vehicle from can make all the difference in the world. I wish somebody on the forum had some inside connections but off the top of my head I can't think of anybody unfortunately.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:01 PM

Yeah he finally returned my phone call just now after about 35 calls within the last week. Basically he told me I had no where to go as far considering having my truck repurchased. However he said that I can bring it back to the dealership when I'm ready and to call him prior to this and he'll make sure they get the noise worked out in my brakes. In regards to the other problems that I've had he said that a blown transmission and my other problems do not "qualify" for this repurchase. I'm just really upset and I feel like I've wasted my money. He told me there is nothing to do at this point except wait for something else to happen and then they'll reconsider. I've reviewed the lemon law for my state. And the only two things I come close to qualifying for is well the 4 visits for the same problem but I don't think they'll go for that one based on that its just a noise with the brakes and second the amount of time my truck has been at the dealership, lemon law of NY states that your car needs to be at the dealership for service for at least 30 days, but mine has only been there for about 15 days so far in the 6 months that I've owned the truck. And the sad thing is I havent even gone 4 wheeling yet.. and I don't even want to. I feel like I'm basically driving a time bomb, waiting for the next thing to go wrong and I shouldn't feel this way especially when you buy a supposed top of the line truck. Very dissappointed..

Old 01-16-2008, 06:11 PM

That's terrible!!!!! I feel your pain. Hummer called me back and was closing my case on the steering shaft, because the dealer is taking care of it......I also asked them to credit me for the miles I'm driving back and forth....it's about 130 miles each way....Well, she said it is illegal to help me with my mileage, and that they can't do anything.......
Seems like a lot of they can't do anything syndrome going around.....

Old 01-16-2008, 06:18 PM

Yeah man, it really just isn't fair, they really do treat you like they don't give a ****. I'll make sure everyone I know who is looking to buy a truck about my situation, I mean not to generalize hummer because I know they do make good vehicles, my brother who I convinced to buy at the same time I did has had no problems but me have had every problem under the sun. I guess bad luck but it was interesting to see how they were going to handle it, in which they handled horrible in my opinion.

Hope all goes well with you Solar, lets hope they fix your problem this go around..

Old 01-16-2008, 06:26 PM

thanx for the support...!!! well I'm hoping my part comes in soon ....like they said 5 days.....

Hopefully they will take care of you to......I think all of us with problems should get together......maybe a group could do more than just one person.....

you never know it just might work......I wonder how something like that could work to our advantage?????

Old 01-16-2008, 06:31 PM

Yeah man I definitely would love to do something that. The way they just treated me was totally horrible especially when I brought them 82,000 worth of business. I'm still in like shock right now.

Quick Reply: Even more aggrivated and frustrated...