PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Electrical Problems.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Default Electrical Problems.

Hello all... Brand new guy here...
I just bought my new H3 and am having problems with the driver side power window fuse and electric door locks fuse blowing intermintently. They last on an average of a couple days. Brought the H3 back to the dealer 3 times now.
Have any of you seen this problem? Or is it just my ride?

Also....
Where can I pick up a copy of an electrical wiring diagram for my H3? Would also like a GM service manual for it.

TNX.....

Old 05-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Default RE: Electrical Problems.

I would say that your vehicle has a short in it, and your dealer isn't fixing it. You may want to try a different dealer, or raise all kinds of hell with the same one when you bring it back in for the fourth time. if you do that and it still comes back broken, take the plunge and contact GM direct. There have been a couple of people here who have had problems with crappy dealers that have gone this route, and I cant think of any of them that didn't get satisfactory results in the long run.

As for the wiring diagram, your parts department may be able to get you one, or maybe a guy named Dennis here on this site may be able to "acquire" one for you. He seems to have an inside source, and if you've seen Shawshank Redemtion, he would be Red (Morgan Freeman) of the H3; known to get things from time to time.

Old 05-31-2006, 02:19 PM

Thanks for the reply Linus...
Yep, I agree about the short to ground. Because it's intermintent it's probably a screw rubbing agaist a wire or something crazy like that. I'm an Electrical Engineer and I know it could be tough to figure it out. I'm just getting tired bringing it back. It also looks bad to all of my buddies with Jeeps and Blazers. As we speak I'm getting ready to bring it back and getting grief from my friends.

Thanks for the info on Dennis. I need to contact him to see what he might come up with. I would be forever grateful and possibly name my next kid after him if could find me a copy of the wiring and or service manual. I'll try and track him down.

TNX......

Old 05-31-2006, 02:40 PM

By the way,
Does anyone know what the current draw on the driver side window motor is? Fuse #8 is 20A. Is that correct?

TNX........

Old 05-31-2006, 11:30 PM

no problems with any electrical issues yet. Have had my H3 since Dec third.
The place to get the factory manuals is http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.a...3S7X03BK3X58P6

Old 06-01-2006, 09:15 AM

Thanks jettech737.
I see a "2006 H3 Hummer (NH3-Platform) Service Manual Set"
What is a NH3-Platform???
That might be what I need but not sure about NH3.

Old 06-01-2006, 06:34 PM

NH3 platform is the GM designation for the chasis type like NH3 = Hummer H3 WC = Monte Carlo/Malibu CK8 = Silverado Sierra/Sierra Denali Y = Corvette ect..

Old 06-02-2006, 09:01 AM

Thanks for the info...
That makes more sense.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:45 PM

Hey yes I have had intermitent electical problems. No blowen fuses but my alarm went off and I could not get it to stop tried the remote, started the car, I even diconected the batterie but when I reconected it it went off again finally I unpluged the horn anr let it run out till it stoped left it over night as to look at it in the morning and I had no problems. Since then for a few day my horn sounded dead but then afew days later it was back to life. Ofcourse it was befor I could get it to the dealer. also once and a while when locking or unlock my car insted of the one or two beeps it beeps 6 or 8 times fast. I figure there is a short but have been unable to find it as of yet.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:56 PM

What's up Doc?

I think maybe there is loose ground conections somewhere, Electronics goes bonkers with bad grounds...This will be more likely than a shorted wire..Just my thoughts, but maybe it could be a bad security module too.

Quick Reply: Electrical Problems.