PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

EGR Bug Deflector

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Default RE: EGR Bug Deflector

ORIGINAL: rhill20

That will be a time thing Trey, JUST put it on and have driven maybe 4 miles in town with it. I have to go to Columbus and back Friday, will let you know as I find out though.
Okay, it's been a few months now. How is it working? I took a trip this weekend and the bugs are out in full force. I think my Bugs per Mile number was higher then my MPG! I really need to get a good bug deflector that works. How do you like this one so far?

-- Frank

Old 04-21-2008, 10:33 PM

I'm still getting bugs, if you look at the pic from the inside of my truck in the VOTE FOR ME thread you can tell from the streaking. lol

Have to say that it isn't as bad as it was, but I do still get some bugs on there.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:52 PM

I'm still getting bugs, if you look at the pic from the inside of my truck in the VOTE FOR ME thread you can tell from the streaking. lol

Have to say that it isn't as bad as it was, but I do still get some bugs on there.
Which EGR Shield do you have? The Aerowrap or the Superguard? It really does look nice on your H3, whichever one it is. I wonder if the taller shield helps deflect better.

Thanks for the feedback. BTW- which vent visors are you using? Its time for me to buy some of those, too.

Thanks again!

-- Frank

Old 04-22-2008, 08:13 AM

If I remember right it is the Superguard (the taller one).

I have the WeatherTech inchannel visors

Old 04-22-2008, 09:57 AM

Doesn't look to bad, i kinda like the look. But I might pass if your still getting bugs. I'm now using a new washer fluid that rids me of the bugs on the windshield pretty good (No more peeling them off!)

Old 04-22-2008, 04:15 PM

rhill, I like the look, but if its not working that well here is a quick tech tip for removing stubborn bugs. Use a bounce dryer sheet, get it wet and they come off pretty easy. I live in Florida and the so called "love bugs" come out in swarms, more like mosquitos. I got that info from my girlfriends father who has 3 show cars, that he drives to the shows. Also Frank if your looking for some of the AVS vent visors, here is where I got mine they were the cheapest I found anywhere 53.95, free shipping.

http://www.svcustoms.com/catalog/Aut...ntvisors.shtml

Old 04-22-2008, 07:21 PM

I recently picked one of these up from summitracing.com for $69.95 and installed it this weekend. I did it more to try and deflect the occassional rock/pebble than bugs, figuring that upright bug catcher that doubles as a windscreen would do it's job fielding all the bugs and debris as I make my daily commute. I have the EGR No-Drill SuperGuard Hood Shield, part no.EGG-301311. Not sure of the protection I'll get but I've had my rig for 6 months now and would like to maintain a decent paint job for a little while at least. It blends in very nicely and required no holes to be drilled so it certainly won't hurt.

Here are a few pics.

Name:  HoodShield1.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  141.3 KB

Name:  HoodShield3.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  123.8 KB

Name:  HoodShield2.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  139.5 KB

Old 04-22-2008, 07:58 PM

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions, guys! I'll post some pictures after I decide.

BTW, your pictures look awesome, Patches. I don't know if I'm more impressed with your shiny black H3, or how clean your garage is!

-- Frank

Old 04-22-2008, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: FrankW438

That will be a time thing Trey, JUST put it on and have driven maybe 4 miles in town with it. I have to go to Columbus and back Friday, will let you know as I find out though.
Okay, it's been a few months now. How is it working? I took a trip this weekend and the bugs are out in full force. I think my Bugs per Mile number was higher then my MPG! I really need to get a good bug deflector that works. How do you like this one so far?

-- Frank
I was told that Ihave a $35,000 flyswat because my H3 has so many bugs!

Old 04-23-2008, 12:09 PM

It's almost Love Bug season here, what a perfect place to try it out. I have yet to find any bug deflector that actually worked like it was supposed to.
For those who ask WTF is a Love Bug?
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2...e%20Bug%20Woes

Quick Reply: EGR Bug Deflector