PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

ebcm cross reference

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 12:26 AM
Default ebcm cross reference

Hello .. wanted to say this forum is great been reading lots info for the last couple weeks .. I just purchase a 03 .. I've been reading about problems with the ebcm . As many here the brake, traction and abs light is on had the truck scanned and code was I believe co550 it said cannot communicate with ebcm . I searched and found out u can fix it yourself so I tried and just made a mess of it . Long story short I should just get one I looked online can't find one . Unless is new . Ive been saving for 3 years to buy this truck and I love it . Runs great no problems beside the ebcm . Not communicating . I looked online and if I'm correct it has a Bosch 5.3 I went to junkyard and looked at the Chevy 3/4 but it looked different . I also found online that some VW have them found one looks same but the plug was different. I live in Florida and here u need abs people like to slam brakes here and with no abs on my h2 forget it I may hurt someone . I found a ac Delco part number 19121234 price is 450.00 ( plus I would have to take to dealer and get it programmed to truck am I right .) I'm hoping someone can help me save money and a headache. I should just sent mine out to get repaired lesson learned many thanks

Old 08-26-2014, 06:28 PM

I got my ABS to start talking again simply by pulling out the 10 amp fuses under the hood for few seconds. They were the "IGN E fuse and IPC/DIC fuse" In that order first one checked cleaned and replaced and then the other. When I started it my lights flashed reset and the Check ABS message went away its been working fine for a few days, but all is well. I had been staring at that Brake monitor message since June and was trying to figure out if I was going to replace the ecbm myself or have it done. Then the other day while out driving my gauges just quit working. I figured fuses it worked... only it fixed more than expected! Hope it helps

Old 08-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Default thanks for reply

I did check fuses and all good . At this point in time I need a new one. Mine is in garbage I just can't believe its so expensive . The cheapest I found is 375. I was wondering if that same ebcm came in a different truck. I could just drive without abs but people here in Florida like to slam on brake and get smashed in the rear . They don't do it on purpose but its a common accident here . Ive been online and no luck. Besides the one I found for 375. I may have to just get it. But hopefully someone here may shed light on another vehicle that may have the same item thanks again for reply