PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

DVD while Driving?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Default DVD while Driving?

Somewhere on this forum I thought I once saw a comment that it is possible to "unlock" the factory Nav / DVD unit so that a DVD could be played while the vehicle is in motion.

Can someone please post directions on how to accomplish this, or any applicable information? Any information will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Old 02-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Old 02-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Default RE: DVD while Driving?

I think ImportKiller had mentioned if you have an aftermarket dvd player you can watch it while the vehicle is in motion as long as one of the wires wasn't connected to the shifter or something of that nature. He's the expert on anything elctrical so you might want to send him a PM.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Calgary

Somewhere on this forum I thought I once saw a comment that it is possible to "unlock" the factory Nav / DVD unit so that a DVD could be played while the vehicle is in motion.

Can someone please post directions on how to accomplish this, or any applicable information? Any information will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
A member here, Ccmdoc has an add on unit that works with you H2 to do this. Check the classifieds here, or PM him and you may get a deal!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 05:28 AM

ORIGINAL: RutDogg

I think ImportKiller had mentioned if you have an aftermarket dvd player you can watch it while the vehicle is in motion as long as one of the wires wasn't connected to the shifter or something of that nature. He's the expert on anything elctrical so you might want to send him a PM.
Yeah, I don't know about the factory NAV, but with my Eclipse, I can have a DVD playing while driving. Something about my local shop not connecting some brake dealie(I'm SOOO knowledgeable)

Check out this place:

http://www.gnetcanada.com/navvideo-overview.asp

Old 02-19-2007, 05:30 AM
Old 02-19-2007, 12:04 PM

HummBob, They are usually connected to the e-brake lead(s) for safety. In other words, if the ebrake is not set, no video. My Alpine unit I had in the Avalanche required me to set the e-brake, release it, and set it again, this while depressing the brake pedal. It tookall of about a week before I was p*ssed off with it and ended up getting a PAC "work-around-module" :-)

Old 02-20-2007, 12:22 AM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

HummBob, They are usually connected to the e-brake lead(s) for safety. In other words, if the ebrake is not set, no video. My Alpine unit I had in the Avalanche required me to set the e-brake, release it, and set it again, this while depressing the brake pedal. It tookall of about a week before I was p*ssed off with it and ended up getting a PAC "work-around-module" :-)
Yeah...That's it...e-brake. Yeah, my LOCAL car audio shop guy Bi-Passed it for me so I have no worries!!

Old 02-20-2007, 12:46 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Yeah...That's it...e-brake. Yeah, my LOCAL car audio shop guy Bi-Passed it for me so I have no worries!!
Is your car audio guy one if those people who goes either way, if you get the picgture? May he's just straight and was able to bypass the e-brake.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:01 AM

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Is your car audio guy one if those people who goes either way, if you get the picgture? May he's just straight and was able to bypass the e-brake.
HAR HAR HARThat's why I POST PICGTURES!!!

Quick Reply: DVD while Driving?