PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Drove a Hummer for the first time in my life last night!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Default Drove a Hummer for the first time in my life last night!

I have never driven an SUV or a truck at all...whatsoever. Last night was the first time I ever have. I drove an H2. I have really started liking them within the last month...ALOT, and figured i'd give one a shot.

(I am not used to driving something this slow. I have an '03 Mitsubishi Evo with a few parts, so this is a big change.)

I loved the drive, & loved everything about the truck. I am not the off roading type of guy, but that might change.. while test driving it, i went over some boulevards and curbs just to test it out. Pretty sweet stuff. I really am just going to use it for daily driving to & from work, which is less than 2 miles. The only concern I have is the gas mileage. I know, I know... 'dont worry about the gas mileage, since im considering the H2.' I will in no way consider the baby h3 so dont even mention it...! If im doing it, im doing it big. I averaged 12.4 mpg test driving the h2 for about 45 minutes. I thought it was decent. In town was around 9-12... and highway was 13/14.

Ok, performance wise, ive read about intake/header/exhaust/tune. Of course im not expecting huge gains at all, but what about mpg increase? 1.5mpg from what ive read seems to be about the norm... but im looking to maybe increase performance enough to get upwards of 13-15 city, or am I asking for too much?

Old 12-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Default RE: Drove a Hummer for the first time in my life last night!

well you might as well buy one now
once you drive one your hooked whether you think you are or not
besides like the commerical says "Hummer Like Nothing Else"

Old 12-05-2007, 10:02 PM

My DIC on my Trailblazer is saying 10.6mpg around town with my lead foot. i might as well just get a Hummer.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:22 PM

Oh yea, not to mention... I got cams for my evo like 3 weeks ago... I spent $60 in 4 days in gas and averaged 8 miles per gallon. It was real ****ty until I got tuned. Im only averaging 13-16mpg in my evo, so it wont be a huge difference. I run 93 octane though.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:01 AM

Get the H2!! 10-12mpg but it was built to run on 87 octane.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:25 AM

I average 8mpg in the SS tuned lol, so the Hummer was no switch for me.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:49 AM

It's only 2 miles to work and thinking about mpg's. I live 20 minutes away from everything. I use at least 4 gallons every time I get into my H2. You might as well start thinking about what options and color.....welcome to the club.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:29 AM

I used to own an Evo and now own an H3.

Take it from me, keep the Evo.

The Evo is a damn hard car to beat for the money.

I miss mine every day.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:00 PM

The 1St time I drove an H2....I bought it!!! There was NEVER anything else like it!!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 04:00 PM

I was close to that HummBob, I purchased mine (on ebay) and then drove one for the first time. A friend used to offer to let me drive his, and I used to reply "nope, then I'll go buy one". Guess I was just delaying the gratification.

Quick Reply: Drove a Hummer for the first time in my life last night!