PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Driver side door open/close sensor failing.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Default Driver side door open/close sensor failing.

Hello everyone,

I ran my H3 through the power wash today and now it thinks my driver side door is open when it isnt. I narrowed it down to the driver side door because when i lock the doors only the driver side instantly unlocks. If i push the sensor in with my finger it still thinks the door is open. Has anyone else had any issues with the door sensors failing? I tried disconnecting the battery for 5 min and reconnecting. Didnt fix it. I really doubt the power wash got it wet but i could be wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:32 PM

You can unscrew the switch from the body with a torx head screwdriver. Pull the rubber boot out of the body and there is a simple plug on the back that you can check for moisture or corrosion. I had the same problem whenever the vehicle got wet. I cleaned my switch but the problem returned a few days later. I don't remember why I did it but I ended up swapping the drivers door switch and tailgate switch which solved the problem.

Last edited by Widespread Hummer; 01-29-2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: phillips>torx
Old 01-28-2011, 10:15 PM

gmpartshouseusa.com It is called a jamb switch and it will cost you $6.07. It is easily removed by taking out 1 torx head screw. I replaced the one on my rear door last night. It seems to get wet and fail. This time I put NO-OX on the connector side and put silicon over the 4 small slits on the switch side. The same switch fits all 5 doors.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:28 AM

Welcome to the club. I have had 3 differnet jamb switchs replaced at the dealer under warranty. The head HUMMER tech (when it was a HUMMER dealer) use to keep 5 or 6 of them in his tool box beacuse he got sick of walking to the parts counter so often.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:16 AM

Sounds like an easy fix. Thanks for the help everyone!

Old 01-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
gmpartshouseusa.com It is called a jamb switch and it will cost you $6.07. It is easily removed by taking out 1 torx head screw. I replaced the one on my rear door last night. It seems to get wet and fail. This time I put NO-OX on the connector side and put silicon over the 4 small slits on the switch side. The same switch fits all 5 doors.
I had the same problem with my rear door light switch. I unplugged it, cleaned the connector contacts with contact cleaner and then filled the connector with Dielectric Grease. Dielectric grease keeps water out (prevents corrosion) and the contacts will still connect. It worked so well I did the same to the other 4 door switches just in case.