PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Driver and Passanger seat rattle

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Default Driver and Passanger seat rattle

Hello Everyone!
I have had my H3 now for just a year, and I love it! I recently took it into the dealer for service and one of the issues was that the passager seat is rattling. It sounds as though the bolts or attachments had come loose. I was told by the dealer that this is the case in ALL H3s and HUMMER does not have a fix. I am wondering if this has become an annoyance for anyone else or if anyone has received the same answer?

Old 08-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Default RE: Driver and Passanger seat rattle

I've heard about the rattle before. On yours, did it just start doing it? So far we don't have any rattles in ours. We live way down a dirt/gravel road, and have to cross over several cattle guards.. so far nothing. Given their record, and our conditions, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before something frees up and starts rattling. We only have about 2,500 miles on ours.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:51 PM

My passenger seat rattles as well. At first I thought it was caused by the t.v. monitor installed in my headrest. Guess Not!

Old 08-22-2006, 04:56 PM

My passenger seat use to click every time i came to a stop with a passenger sitting in it .
They ended up put a new track on it.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:07 PM

The only noises that I have heard have been from the pockets on the back of the front seats. When the pockets are empty, the netting moves against the plastic and makes annoying sounds. That is easily fixed though by stuffing $h1t in the pockets.

Old 08-22-2006, 07:09 PM

At first the rattle in the seat was cured by adjusting the positon of the seat, either forward or back or tilting it ... (basically which ever button I could reach from the driver's seat) Unfotunately, my H3 was the 3rd car hit in a broadside accident several weeks ago. Even though it has been completely repaired and the damage was only to the front left bumper and grill, the passenger seat has rattled ever since, no matter what position it is in.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:38 PM

I have had yours dilo and the other guys problem..... actually I just picked up the car for the clickin on stop and accelarate 2 hours ago, they had is since yesterday (driver seat)....... they replaced the seat bracket or railings, whatever is sits on, seems like the same problem and solution as yours. I also had the passanger seat rattle whenever going over bumps and etc..... my original dealer said the same thing, its common and there is nothing they can do about it as new seat might do the same thing..... I had so many problems with this dealer I went to a different one, they took the seat apart and found something loose under it..... either way they fixed the rattle along with some other problems.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:27 AM

Good you got it fix Raffi so this new dealer sounds better.
Mine drove me crazy i all most threw the seat out the window

Old 08-23-2006, 12:35 AM

mine was driving me crazy also, every time i hit the brake in traffic it would click, sometimes on accelerate.... had it like this for about 3 months now..... took 3 tries for them to fix, first time after they changed oil and tire jack i could not duplicate, then they made me wait 3 hours last friday when I duplicated it and fixed nothing while saying it should be fixed, finally dropped it off monday and they fixed it it seems...... now on to the leather issue I dont think I will ever see a day when problem with my H3 will stop :P

Old 08-23-2006, 12:45 AM

Call GM get a case worker and say look at my repairs they did this to my seat when they tried to fix it they could not i brought some where else but they fixed it but the other dealership destroyed the leather when they had the seat out.

Quick Reply: Driver and Passanger seat rattle