PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Doors not sealing

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Banned
Default Doors not sealing

A couple weeks after we bought our ’99 we noticed that the passenger front door did not shut completely on the bottom. You can see a bright light from outside on the bottom and when you are driving you can feel the wind coming through. Also on the rear passenger door on the backside of when it starts to come up it doesn’t shut completely. It is in the middle of when you turn to the right in the seat and look a little down it shows light coming through the center of the back of the passenger door.
Could I need to replace the frame? or just adjust the door hinge?

Best Regards

Old 08-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by palmxjjsi
A couple weeks after we bought our ’99 we noticed that the passenger front door did not shut completely on the bottom. You can see a bright light from outside on the bottom and when you are driving you can feel the wind coming through. Also on the rear passenger door on the backside of when it starts to come up it doesn’t shut completely. It is in the middle of when you turn to the right in the seat and look a little down it shows light coming through the center of the back of the passenger door.
Could I need to replace the frame? or just adjust the door hinge?

Best Regards
Probably need a better description on the first one. The second one sounds completely normal. Everyone I have had has that small area at the bottom of the door.