PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Door locks drivers window

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Angry Door locks drivers window

I am having a wierd problem with my 07 H3. I have gone through the owners maual and tried to work through the problem, but no luck.
My problem: Can't lock or unlock the doors and drivers window quit working. It is set in the default mode, so doors should lock when I put into drive and then unlock when I put it in park. I can't get drivers door or passenger door locks to work. it has also affected the dome light that comes on when door is opened. I've checked fuses, followed owners manual to reset. I even tried disconnectiong the negative post on the battery hoping it would reset everything. Anyone have an answer?

Old 01-22-2013, 07:16 PM

The control module for doors is in the driver door sw assm,?check connections?

Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by happythree
The control module for doors is in the driver door sw assm,?check connections?
do you have to remove the door panel to get to the control module or can you pop the switch control out of the door panel?

Old 01-24-2013, 04:47 PM

If your door inserts look like the ones midway down the page you can just pop them up and out, on the other hand if there like the earlier 06 mod's you'll have to inquire for further guidance. Unplug the module take it in the house and warm it up and dry it out. Then disconnect battery on H. Reconnect battery after a good while and then reconnect door switch. That seems to work most of the time. You could also 1st just try unhook-en the battery and leave off for long time.

https://sites.google.com/site/happyh...er-replacement

Chris

Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 PM

This happens when the battery is drained. You can pull the window controls out of the drivers side door, disconnect them from the door, and use a screwdriver to short the controls out. Or the better way is just to wait a couple of days and it will self correct. I used to have an 05 Colorado and it did the exact same thing and freaked me out. I didn't short mine out as some recommended so I waited a couple days and things started working again.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer
If your door inserts look like the ones midway down the page you can just pop them up and out, on the other hand if there like the earlier 06 mod's you'll have to inquire for further guidance. Unplug the module take it in the house and warm it up and dry it out. Then disconnect battery on H. Reconnect battery after a good while and then reconnect door switch. That seems to work most of the time. You could also 1st just try unhook-en the battery and leave off for long time.

https://sites.google.com/site/happyh...er-replacement

Chris
Thanks, I'll give that a try . . . I will also disconnect battery too!

Old 01-25-2013, 06:29 AM

Thanks! I'll give that a try!!!

Old 01-25-2013, 06:30 AM

Thanks! I 'll give that a try.