PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Dont rip the newbie a new one just yet please

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Default RE: Dont rip the newbie a new one just yet please

the kit isn't going to change the angles of your front axles, so any wear from lifting the front end will be the same with or without it. as for the Toyo MTs, love 'em. do about the same on/off road percentage as you list but not as many miles per month. i've got about 40k on 'em and there's prolly a bit less than 50% tread left. much more quiet than i expected. some will say they're overpriced, and if BFG make their new MT's in 13.5 width i'd prolly get them instead when the toyos wear out - but as it is i'll just get 3 more toyos and use an old one for the spare

Old 02-26-2008, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: cdmintmi

thanks guys
made an almost identical post on another forum and responses like "do your own research", "do you not see the search button", "is your mouse broken", ect. Thank for the help, but I still feel that the sharper angle of the ball joints and cv axles cant be good in the long run. I had 273,000 miles on my Yukon before I traded it for this rig and would like to get a long life out of the hummer so I purchased the kit anyways. Gets installed the next time the job site gets rained out. Then its time for some larger tires, any suggestions? Ive heard great things about the Toyo open country MT's, hows tread life? Im probably 70% highway 30% off road with mine and drive about 4,000 miles a month!?!
dthe t bar lift kits will leave your cv joints at the same angle as turning the t-bar key would do. you will need a diff lowering bracket to keep stock cv joint angles. I still don't understand why people ask for opinions ...opinions from people that KNOW what they are talking about...only to say...nah, I'm gonna do this instead...then why ask?!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:34 PM

confuses me too. the fact that i pull most of my answers out of my **** shouldn't have any impact on ignoring me - although everyone does anyway . . . . . [>:]

Old 02-26-2008, 04:21 PM

IK, do you know if anyone makes a axle re-locating bracket? About to level (stock keys) and do cognitos as well. After you talking about the re-locating kit keeping stock angles, i wonder if it would be good insurance, depending on cost and complexity of course!

Old 02-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Guys as newbies they can't be expected to understand the depth, breadth and unquestionable wisdom of your words. It takes experience and time to understand that when you sit at the foot of the masters you should understand that they speak only the undeniable truth.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:04 PM

listen - do you smell that? smells like sarcasm . . . . . .

Old 02-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

and with a title like don't rip me.....

Old 02-26-2008, 06:40 PM

yeah that's more like the responses I recieved earlier. butsorry this time the newbie was misunderstood. I meant the lift kit, not leveling kit. come on guys I'm new to the forum and to hummers not the world. I mean I don't take things that I read in here as absolute fact but I don't totally disregard it either. I know lots of people on here do have a pretty good grasp of what they comment on but I doubt there are too many automotive engineers in here either.

so really thanks for your help
when you get 75 or 90 thousand miles on those ball joints and CV axles let me know importkiller, really hope youre right so I can save some money on my next one.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:30 PM

Must have been ebola.com that blasted you. They SUCK!!

Welcome to the GOOD FORUM!!!![8D]

Old 02-26-2008, 11:16 PM

and now your 4th post is a wise *** one towards me...wonderful!! See the ADMIN title by my name? See the MODERATOR title by 3hummers, Shortbus and muddydawgs name? that means we have a good idea of what we are talking aboutYour right I'm not an engineer...I'm just a former GM mechanic..but what the hell would I knowYou'll be hard pressed to go 80,000 + miles on ANY cv-joints in a full time 4wheel drive truck...it's just not gonna happen very often. By turning the t-bars 4 turns or so you are changing the angle very little...there is no bind and as long as the joint isn't binding or at an extremem angle you will be ok. Tell ya what....I can replace the CV joint when I hit 50,000 miles and still have money left over when compared to a lift kit with diff lowering bracket. You do realize that guys with IFS trucks have been cranking the t-bars for YEARS...right?

Quick Reply: Dont rip the newbie a new one just yet please