PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Dont rip the newbie a new one just yet please

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Default Dont rip the newbie a new one just yet please

Ok I have an '06 H3 (no adv or lux for the first one, want to see how this one holds up for a while first).Ive searched this and other Hummer forums for weeks now and still have not found a thread that completely answers my question. And I know its been talked about forever becuase it takes hours just get through one search with the word torsion bar in it. But, I know that tons of people have leveled their H3 by cranking the tbars and many have posted saying when and how they did it and even some awsome pics of their ride (they look sick by the way). Now Im thinking of doing the same to mine with the Cognitos, but before I doI waswondering if anyone who has done this has put some miles on their ride by now. I mean has anyone on here had their truck leveled in this way and driven for more than 5,000 miles? And if so, have you had any problems orfailures? Thanks alot guys, and if its in another thread let me know, becuase I havent seen it. This is what I have now, want to get more aggressive with mine. And yes dealer tag has been removed along with spare tire advertisement

[IMG]local://upfiles/4320/4866A5260AA14FBEB84C2E11F2934E8A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Default RE: Dont rip the newbie a new one just yet please

I have put about 7,000 on mine since doing it and haven't any problems with it, no creaks, no pops, nothing; drives straight and even wear on tires.Just make sure that you get your alignment done after you crank the bars and you should be fine.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:25 PM

not an H3, but i've got about 40k on the bus after cranking the bars - no shock extenders and no alignments needed because of the crank on the bars.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

I have not done it yet but lots of people have. I think that if people were experiencing problems with it that would have been posted also and I don't remember seeing posts like that. Rhill is right, give your adjustment a little a few hundred miles, level it again, if needed, and get the alignment done and you should be fine.

What did you see that made you think you would get ripped? You researched the issue before you asked the question. We appreciate that.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:45 PM

Nicesecond post, welcome to the forums. You shouldn't have any problems.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:48 PM

I've put on 25,000 miles after the adjustment and no problems whatsoever.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:51 PM

I installed the Ready Lift leveling kit, I've done about 12,000 mile and no problems.

Hey Rhill you have to resize you sig man!!!! can't see it.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:55 PM

to answer all your questions......

by leveling the truck by turning the KEYS you will not get any long term or short term negative effect....you are not doing anything to the t-bars...they have the same spring rate and you are not twisting them...you are simply repositioning where they sit. The only downside to this or any of the t-bar leveling lifts is that unless the diff is dropped you will be changing the cv-joint angle and may see premature wear of the cv-joint. I have not seen this though. Bieng that the h3 is a full time 4wd they use pretty stout cv-joints so I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

7500 miles or so, not to worry. I don't even have the cognitos yet! [] I will be doing them in the spring, after this episode of road grime and chuck holes we in MI call "winter". [:@] Damn, I figure if I didn't hace 33s I would have been thru a couple low profile type streeters and a rim or two. What a winter we have had, and it ain't even burped about letting up?

Imagine that IK, 33s for ON Road!!!

One other thought, when you adjust the T bars, you can do as little/much as you want, and always return it to the ridiculous factory fresh rake anytime.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:22 PM

thanks guys
made an almost identical post on another forum and responses like "do your own research", "do you not see the search button", "is your mouse broken", ect. Thank for the help, but I still feel that the sharper angle of the ball joints and cv axles cant be good in the long run. I had 273,000 miles on my Yukon before I traded it for this rig and would like to get a long life out of the hummer so I purchased the kit anyways. Gets installed the next time the job site gets rained out. Then its time for some larger tires, any suggestions? Ive heard great things about the Toyo open country MT's, hows tread life? Im probably 70% highway 30% off road with mine and drive about 4,000 miles a month!?!

Quick Reply: Dont rip the newbie a new one just yet please