PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Don't feed the birds..

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Default RE: Don't feed the birds..

ORIGINAL: Dennis

I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed.
Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of thecontinuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the
patio,above the table, and next to the barbecue. Then came the poop. It waseverywhere,on the patio tile, the chairs, the table...everywhere.
Then some of thebirds turned mean: They would dive bomb me and try to peck me
even though Ihad fed them out of my own pocket. And others birds were boisterous and loud: They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours ofthe day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. I tookdown the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned uptheir mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio....Soon, the back yard was like it used to be...quiet, serene and no onedemanding their rights to a free meal.

Now lets see...our government gives out free food, subsidized housing,free medical care, free education and allows anyone born here to be aautomatic citizen. Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands.
Suddenly ourtaxes went up to pay for free services; the small apartments that are housing 5families:
You have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor:
Your child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over half theclassdoesn't speak English: Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to press"1" to hear my bank talk to me in English, andilligals waving flagsotherthan "Old Glory" are squawking, marching, protestingand screaming in my streets, demanding they be fed, given more rights and free liberties.

Maybe it's time for the our government to take down the bird feeder.

Dennis as one who owns a bird there is one thing that goes along with your thinking...Once a year a bird will try to be head of the flock...which will explain the dive bombing and aggressive behavior...well anyways what I am getting at is if the bird feeder stays in place sooner or later they will try to be leader of the flock...Mabe it IS time to remover the feeder...[:@][:@][:@]

Old 05-25-2007, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: rickey

Dennis, You are correct sir!! I totally agree with you on this topic. I am thinking that we have something in common.
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 05-25-2007, 09:36 PM
JM

Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of thecontinuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

patio,above the table, and next to the barbecue. Then came the poop. It waseverywhere,on the patio tile, the chairs, the table...everywhere.
even though Ihad fed them out of my own pocket. And others birds were boisterous and loud: They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours ofthe day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. I tookdown the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned uptheir mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio....Soon, the back yard was like it used to be...quiet, serene and no onedemanding their rights to a free meal.

Now lets see...our government gives out free food, subsidized housing,free medical care, free education and allows anyone born here to be aautomatic citizen. Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands.
Suddenly ourtaxes went up to pay for free services; the small apartments that are housing 5families:
Your child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over half theclassdoesn't speak English: Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to press"1" to hear my bank talk to me in English, andilligals waving flagsotherthan "Old Glory" are squawking, marching, protestingand screaming in my streets, demanding they be fed, given more rights and free liberties.

Well Dennis that's the price one has to pay for living in one of the richest and biggest democracy i the world.

This South/North problem is something we know very well in Europe especially with people coming from our former colonies.

Colonies from where they throw us out during the many colonial wars we had during the early part of the XXth century and which have costed the life of hundreds od thousands of fine European soldiers. Ask the Brits and the dutch and the French about it.

Politically speaking during the fifties and till the early nineties the American gouverments where much more interested to maintain and enlarge their 'sphere of influence' in western Europe due to the cold war.
They could'nt care less about some south american entering the USA, legally or not, since at the time the country was booming, quiet literally, and they need this cheap manpower.

The same applied to Europe where the enormous re construction effort, mostly financed by the MARSHAL PLAN, required after WWII has motivated the arrival of hundred of thousands of foreign workers coming from the former french colonies as well as the former british colonies as far the UK was concerned.

The 'Baby boom' was at full cry during these years and no one could careless about the arrival of foreigners on our soil. the USA and European population growth was overwhelming.

For the people from the 'southern' countries the picture was almost set.
They needed work, money, social security coveragen democracy....no problem they where fleeing their debt ridded, dictator controlled countries and came to ours.

Then the first 'OIL SHOCK' came in ('73) and the second, and the third..... and then suddendly our populaiongrowth came to a screetching alt as well as our economical developpment.
Un employment started showing its ugly head.
Suddenly th

Old 05-25-2007, 09:43 PM

Glad to see you're feeling up to a little typing.....Good points Jean..

In regards to...
Dennis you made a major mistake starting feeding the birds because if shove come to push maybe they will feed YOU in a not so long future.
..I refer you to...
I would of just shot the birds

Old 05-25-2007, 10:05 PM
JM

Glad to see you're feeling up to a little typing.....Good points Jean..

In regards to...
Dennis you made a major mistake starting feeding the birds because if shove come to push maybe they will feed YOU in a not so long future.
..I refer you to...
I would of just shot the birds
Yeah, thanks Den, they reduce the morphine by half so half my brain is functionning again.[8D].
As far shooting anyone, we all know that Mike is trigger happy since he starded building the pool

Old 05-26-2007, 03:22 AM

Great Analogy!!!

Old 05-26-2007, 06:07 AM

JM,
Very well said and, btw, I hope you're feeling better soon.

Lane

Old 05-26-2007, 12:45 PM

On an unrelated note, you've got to love google adsense displaying advertisements for a company selling birds nest soup on this thread!