PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Don't feed the birds..

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Default Don't feed the birds..

I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed.
Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of thecontinuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the
patio,above the table, and next to the barbecue. Then came the poop. It waseverywhere,on the patio tile, the chairs, the table...everywhere.
Then some of thebirds turned mean: They would dive bomb me and try to peck me
even though Ihad fed them out of my own pocket. And others birds were boisterous and loud: They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours ofthe day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. I tookdown the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned uptheir mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio....Soon, the back yard was like it used to be...quiet, serene and no onedemanding their rights to a free meal.

Now lets see...our government gives out free food, subsidized housing,free medical care, free education and allows anyone born here to be aautomatic citizen. Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands.
Suddenly ourtaxes went up to pay for free services; the small apartments that are housing 5families:
You have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor:
Your child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over half theclassdoesn't speak English: Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to press"1" to hear my bank talk to me in English, andilligals waving flagsotherthan "Old Glory" are squawking, marching, protestingand screaming in my streets, demanding they be fed, given more rights and free liberties.

Maybe it's time for the our government to take down the bird feeder.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Default RE: Don't feed the birds..

Why didn't you just get your cats to eat the birds? It would have lowered your monthly pet food bill, saving you money, made the cats happy, and provided some (albeit morose) entertainment!

Apply that to your government analogy!

Old 05-25-2007, 11:21 AM

I would of just shot the birds

Old 05-25-2007, 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

Why didn't you just get your cats to eat the birds?Apply that to your government analogy!
Are you suggesting we import Lions and Tigers???

Old 05-25-2007, 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

I would of just shot the birds

Old 05-25-2007, 12:04 PM

Sorry to hear about all the mess you had..and about the goverment giving out free stuff..how about all the free thing they get in Jail..TV, Excercise room, some schooling, court yard, free room an board, meals you name it...and they don't have to pay for a thing.[:@]

Old 05-25-2007, 12:37 PM

I think the best prison in the country, is that one down in Arizona..I think the warden calls it Tent City..pretty basic....he was in the news lately and offered to put up with Paris Hilton if Cali's didn't have room for her...Would put a whole new meaning on the Penile system for her

Old 05-25-2007, 02:38 PM

My neighbor had one they keep pooping on the house and cars some how it disappeared one night.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:39 PM

ORIGINAL: H34 pleasure

Sorry to hear about all the mess you had..and about the goverment giving out free stuff..how about all the free thing they get in Jail..TV, Excercise room, some schooling, court yard, free room an board, meals you name it...and they don't have to pay for a thing.[:@]
YOU FORGOT WE PAY FOR THEIR SEX CHANGE TOO.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:01 PM

Dennis, You are correct sir!! I totally agree with you on this topic. I am thinking that we have something in common.

Quick Reply: Don't feed the birds..