PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Does your pride in ownership change with Hummer becoming a Chineese company?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator
2007, 27k miles SUT Loaded, Nav, DVD, Premium sound, Lux pack, Air Suspension, Brand new Michelin tires, absolutely perfect, no scratches with perfect interior and all factory.
Damn! That broker screwed you, you should have posted it on here, I woulda bought it from you in a heartbeat...

Does the auto broker have a website?

Last edited by GAME; 06-22-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Default Hummer Value.....

[QUOTE=GAME;205500]Damn! That broker screwed you, you should have posted it on here, I woulda bought it from you in a heartbeat...[/QUOTE

Actually the broker gave me much more than anyone else locally would have, as far as posting it on this board I did not want to have to deal with those who want it but then can't come up with the cash, shipping, financing, making additional payments while completing the deal and so on.

Do I think I got fair value for it, simply no. If you think I really got screwed just jump into yours and take it to your local dealer, Carmax or whoever. Then ask them how much they would buy you out of it for. Really, Try it!!! I think it will be an enlighting and educating experience for you. As hard as this is to realize and admit to for Hummer owners: THE DEMAND IS GONE. Another interesting fact, check ebay, the last 07 H2 SUT sold for a mear 34K and the owner had an additional 15K invested in it, current average bids are in the 26K range. They just aren't selling and there are pages and pages of them listed.

These are the hard facts and future for Hummer owners based on the current economy, gas, and Hummer going Chinese. At this point by selling mine I have at least stopped the bleeding. You might think the broker screwed me but he still can't compete with what Obama's done to GM and will do in the future with everything else.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:50 PM

[QUOTE=Terminator;205502]
Originally Posted by GAME
Damn! That broker screwed you, you should have posted it on here, I woulda bought it from you in a heartbeat...[/QUOTE

Actually the broker gave me much more than anyone else locally would have, as far as posting it on this board I did not want to have to deal with those who want it but then can't come up with the cash, shipping, financing, making additional payments while completing the deal and so on.

Do I think I got fair value for it, simply no. If you think I really got screwed just jump into yours and take it to your local dealer, Carmax or whoever. Then ask them how much they would buy you out of it for. Really, Try it!!! I think it will be an enlighting and educating experience for you. As hard as this is to realize and admit to for Hummer owners: THE DEMAND IS GONE. Another interesting fact, check ebay, the last 07 H2 SUT sold for a mear 34K and the owner had an additional 15K invested in it, current average bids are in the 26K range. They just aren't selling and there are pages and pages of them listed.

These are the hard facts and future for Hummer owners based on the current economy, gas, and Hummer going Chinese. At this point by selling mine I have at least stopped the bleeding. You might think the broker screwed me but he still can't compete with what Obama's done to GM and will do in the future with everything else.
You know its funny you mention carmax, they claim to only make $1,000 per sale on a car. They tell their customers thats why they dont haggle on price, but if you look on their website they have 07's for a hell of a lot more than $25K. Carmax is a joke.

And dealers are scum anyway, they tell you that the Hummer is in huge demand and they stick to their prices, b/c its supply and demand. But then they **** you when it comes to trades.

But you never mentioned if the broker you sold yours too had a website, Id be very interested in possibly buying yours.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:02 PM

[QUOTE=Terminator;205502]
Originally Posted by GAME
How about what GM did to themselves? I don't remember Obama, Bush, Clinton ... drawing up the plans to design the Pontiac Aztec. Honestly the first time you saw the Aztek didn't you think WTF???. What about GM's lame attempt of increasing gas mileage by putting a 2.5 4 cylinder (Iron Duke) in a Chevy Camaro. Oh, and that Cadilac Cimmaron (a rebadged chevy Cavalier with Cadilac badges. Yep someone in the front office got a bigh bonus for that one. Even with our beloved Hummers, the R&D folks must of stepped out back to smoke some dope when they decided to put the 3.5 liter 5 cylinder in the H3. I test drove one of those and felt that it could not get out of its own way. When I purchased my H3, I was shocked that GM was still using that lame cruise controll set up. I remember my dad having the same thing on his 1980 Delta 88. Just looking at my H3, I can point out numerous areas where attention to detail was overlooked to cut costs. Just do a search on this forum and read all of the horor stories from members taking thier cars to the dealer and getting the shaft.

Just my $0.02.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:45 AM

[QUOTE=White Wolf;205525]
Originally Posted by Terminator

How about what GM did to themselves? I don't remember Obama, Bush, Clinton ... drawing up the plans to design the Pontiac Aztec. Honestly the first time you saw the Aztek didn't you think WTF???. What about GM's lame attempt of increasing gas mileage by putting a 2.5 4 cylinder (Iron Duke) in a Chevy Camaro. Oh, and that Cadilac Cimmaron (a rebadged chevy Cavalier with Cadilac badges. Yep someone in the front office got a bigh bonus for that one. Even with our beloved Hummers, the R&D folks must of stepped out back to smoke some dope when they decided to put the 3.5 liter 5 cylinder in the H3. I test drove one of those and felt that it could not get out of its own way. When I purchased my H3, I was shocked that GM was still using that lame cruise controll set up. I remember my dad having the same thing on his 1980 Delta 88. Just looking at my H3, I can point out numerous areas where attention to detail was overlooked to cut costs. Just do a search on this forum and read all of the horor stories from members taking thier cars to the dealer and getting the shaft.

Just my $0.02.

Your not qouting me, just so you know, that was terminator that said that, the qouting got all messed up when I qouted him...Just wanted to make that clear.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:03 PM

Sory about that!

My fault for not paying attention.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Unhappy

[QUOTE=White Wolf;205525]
Originally Posted by Wolf

How about what GM did to themselves? I don't remember Obama, Bush, Clinton ... drawing up the plans to design the Pontiac Aztec. Honestly the first time you saw the Aztek didn't you think WTF???. What about GM's lame attempt of increasing gas mileage by putting a 2.5 4 cylinder (Iron Duke) in a Chevy Camaro. Oh, and that Cadilac Cimmaron (a rebadged chevy Cavalier with Cadilac badges. Yep someone in the front office got a bigh bonus for that one. Even with our beloved Hummers, the R&D folks must of stepped out back to smoke some dope when they decided to put the 3.5 liter 5 cylinder in the H3. I test drove one of those and felt that it could not get out of its own way. When I purchased my H3, I was shocked that GM was still using that lame cruise controll set up. I remember my dad having the same thing on his 1980 Delta 88. Just looking at my H3, I can point out numerous areas where attention to detail was overlooked to cut costs. Just do a search on this forum and read all of the horor stories from members taking thier cars to the dealer and getting the shaft. Just my $0.02.
There is no doubt that GM had many fopahs, all car companies do. What I don't remember is any past president firing the CEO of any car company even if he was a pompus ***. This was unlawful and underhanded and in my book anything but free enterprise. During what past presidency did the government own over 60% of GM? Answer, none! GM Chrysler and Ford were all in deep shiz and still are. Partially due to a bad economy, partially due to greedy CEO's and higher level management, partially due to unions asking for more than was due them.

You mention many issues in GM's history, most of them were in the 80's. Another mention was the Pontiac Aztek, this was the first attempt to introduce a new look in 2001 GM cars as well as a new crossover platform, yes it looked like a transformer and was not well accepted, rightly so, but did you know the same engineer came up with the Cadillac CTS and the front end for the Escalade (really a chevy surburban), 2 of the most popular GM vehicles and awarded both car and driver and JD power cars of the year. Considering the H3, Personally I don't think the H3 would have ever existed if it wasn't for the fact that GM wanted to introduce an inexpensive and fuel economic option to the H1 and H2 and capture more of the SUV market. Did you know that a V6 was being considered for the H2 for 08 because of fuel economy and lacking sales? Imagine that. I would not dispute that GM did not make mistakes, (and Chrysler and Ford). There is no doubt some decisions were made in desperation. I just believe the government helped it along and drove the final nail in there coffins. Forcing GM to sell off of Saturn, trashing the Hummer brand to China and the demise of Pontiac. GM can only hope the new Camaro is as popular for them as the latest generation Mustang is for Ford. As far as Hummer and Pontiac, Game over.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:18 PM

Some of those "fopahs" that happened in the 70's, 80's & 90's have come back haunt GM.

GM's refusal to listen to the customer and give them what they want and provide real customer service (you all know the type with integrity, respect, & honesty) is what did GM in.

Look people started to migrate towards other domestic and foregin brands when GM stop producing cars they wanted to buy, treating the customer like stink when it came to warranty work and the list goes on and on....

Honestly, if GM did the things that they should of been doing, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Maybe with the restructuring things can now change. I hope so.

I agree with you though, theres a lot of blame to go around.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:53 PM

I was disappointed to hear the news, but my Hummer H3 was built by GM so I don't think anything less of my ride. I don't think I'd buy an H3 that will be built in the future though.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:32 PM

Terminator, whats the name of the broker you sold your h2 to, and what city is it in???

Quick Reply: Does your pride in ownership change with Hummer becoming a Chineese company?