PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Does your pride in ownership change with Hummer becoming a Chineese company?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by BajaH3T
Hate to break the bad news to you, but your '03 Rubi was built by Daimler Chrysler, German owned company. (Daimler Benz) How cheap do you want to sell it to me?

Yeah, I know. So was my 2005 Power Wagon. It was a tough decision but, because no other vehicles from Ford or G.M. come close to the capabilities of these vehicles in their class, I reluctantly bought these vehicles. I can survive with European ownership. I did/do not like it but it could be worse.
I can say without a doubt though...If Chrysler was owned by an Asian company, back when I bought my Daimler Chrysler vehicles, there is NO WAY I would have given a cent to Shanghi Chrysler or whatever it would be called!

Old 06-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Angry

Originally Posted by BajaH3T
Hate to break the bad news to you, but your '03 Rubi was built by Daimler Chrysler, German owned company. (Daimler Benz) How cheap do you want to sell it to me?
You are over looking the major fact that the Germans are not commies. Also Germany and Italy are our allies. IMO the same will never be said of Red China. This past spring I was in the market for a new vehicle. The top of my list was the Hummer H3 Alpha, with the Adventure package. Well the rumors of the sale of Hummer to Communist China was my #1 reason for passing on the H3. The #2 reason was that the nearest dealership is 2 hours away, and GM won't allow other much closer GM dealerships perform warranty work when needed.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:30 PM

There's a chance the Tengzhong deal will not go through. The Chinese government has issues with it.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kawboy40
You are over looking the major fact that the Germans are not commies. Also Germany and Italy are our allies. IMO the same will never be said of Red China. This past spring I was in the market for a new vehicle. The top of my list was the Hummer H3 Alpha, with the Adventure package. Well the rumors of the sale of Hummer to Communist China was my #1 reason for passing on the H3. The #2 reason was that the nearest dealership is 2 hours away, and GM won't allow other much closer GM dealerships perform warranty work when needed.
Red China? Communist China?
How old are you? No one uses those terms anymore.
Your #1 reason is idiotic
Your #2 reason is legitimate, there's a lot of cars I would not buy because the dealer is too far.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:40 PM

As long as HUMMERs don't become car based "crossovers" I'm OK with whoever owns them.
I'll give them special credit if they develop smaller/2 door models

Old 06-06-2009, 05:42 PM

The H3T 2 door would be SWEET!!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by HummBob
The H3T 2 door would be SWEET!!
Never thought about it but that would be hot looking, it would be great to push that "B" pillar back so my big but could fit better in the H3T.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:41 AM

I guess that most people here will judge HUMMER on how good the vehicles are, not on where the parent company is located. The reason the D3 are in dire straits is because they've been making crap for decades. D3 cars are definitely better as of the last 10 years but a bad rep is hard to reverse.
It is sad that no American or Americans "stepped up to the plate" and bought HUMMER though.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Thumbs down

I'm very happy that I purchased mine this year. I just find this whole thing very distasteful. An American icon, a symbol of freedom that can trace its roots back to the military of this country being sold off to a communist country. That just frosts my nutz. I know that GM will still be producing the cars (for a while anyway) however the money still goes home. Maybe by the time I need to replace my Hummer, things will have changed and I won't have to worry about it.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:48 AM

Exciting times ahead for HUMMER....

Quick Reply: Does your pride in ownership change with Hummer becoming a Chineese company?