PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Does your pride in ownership change with Hummer becoming a Chineese company?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Question Does your pride in ownership change with Hummer becoming a Chinese company?

Now that Hummer has been sold to a Chinese company...Does it change your pride/image towards the Hummer brand? Sorry for this touchy question.
I am a big Jeep fan. I own two (owned three total) Jeeps and would be really, really, really ticked off if Chrysler sold Jeep to any non-American company! I am not sure if I would hold onto my Jeeps as a couple of the last American Jeeps or if I would sell them off as I would not want to associate with the brand anymore?

Last edited by Powerubi Wacon; 06-17-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:42 AM

Nope, not a negative for me all!

Since Jeep is now Italian and Land Rover is Indian, it seems only natural that Hummer should be foreign owned as well. Google around a bit and look at the awesome Buicks that China is building for their home market. I wish we could get our hands on some of those models here!

The only thing that irks me is that the USA is not in the position to buy a penny of China's debt while they can afford buy $ trillions of ours! LOL

Old 06-04-2009, 03:45 PM

Nope!

Old 06-04-2009, 06:18 PM

Not at all. I bought mine from an American company. The Chinese purchase will save the brand and jobs associated with it. Marketing will be key.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:16 PM

Also not at all! maybe now some money will be pumped into the Hummer badge. Obviously GM gave up on Hummer months ago.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:22 AM

El NOPE!!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 07:43 AM

I hope they pour a ton of money into the brand and Hummer kicks *** again. I love my H2

Old 06-05-2009, 10:53 AM

No way! I have had six different Hummer's over the years, I cant wait to see how far the new owners can take the brand.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Powerubi Wacon
Now that Hummer has been sold to a Chineese company...Does it change your pride/image towards the Hummer brand? Sorry for this touchy question.
I am a big Jeep fan. I own two (owned three total) Jeeps and would be really, really, really ticked off if Chrysler sold Jeep to any non-American company! I am not sure if I would hold onto my Jeeps as a couple of the last American Jeeps or if I would sell them off as I would not want to associate with the brand anymore?
Hate to break the bad news to you, but your '03 Rubi was built by Daimler Chrysler, German owned company. (Daimler Benz) How cheap do you want to sell it to me?

Old 06-05-2009, 10:06 PM

Nope, does not have any effect on me, hope they KICK *** with the brand. Love my H2.

Quick Reply: Does your pride in ownership change with Hummer becoming a Chineese company?