PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
View Poll Results: A poll
With the Optional Side Air Bags
55.17%
Without the Optional Side Air Bags
44.83%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Does your H3 have Side the Optional Side Airbags

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Default Does your H3 have Side the Optional Side Airbags

Hi. Seems in the Tampa Area 2006 H3s w/ SABs are few in number. I was wondering what made you buy your H3 with or without SABs? The reason I'm thinking about buying my H3 with SAB is because we are expecting our first child in October. I would like to hear your reasons. Thanks. bucsfan

Old 09-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Default RE: Does your H3 have Side the Optional Side Airbags

We have two daughters, 8 & 4, and I didn't think once about not geting the SAB. My reason, pretty simple.. I've pulled plenty of dead bodies out of vehicles, and I want all the protection I can get for my kids. If our H3 ever gets T-boned, then I'll at least know that everything that could be in place to keep everyone safe, was in place.

We even had to pass up my wifes first color choice due to the fact that they couldn't locate one with all the options we wanted. SAB & adv. pkg. being a must.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:33 PM

They only come out the side in the front windshield your kid will be in the back seat.Plus you have two other airbags in the front.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:46 PM

no they don't Mark, there have side rear curtain airbags now, don't know if they had them when you got yours though. I got them on mine and you can see where the airbags are located in the rear.

Old 09-02-2006, 12:36 AM

Hey Bucsfan I bought my H3 at Hummer of Orlando http://www.hummeroforlando.com/newsite/newinv/index.asp
last Dec, they have a big inventory of trucks. The reason I bought my H3 with the side impact airbags
is my wife went to Medical school at USF and did her surgical rotation in the Trauma Unit at Tampa General and after
the experience she insists on it . The bags come out from the pillar at the windsheild and from the pillar behind the back seat.

Jim

Old 09-02-2006, 01:53 AM

Yes, like mentioned by Jet, & import, the SAB also protect rear passengers from side impacts. I've made many people who had their head impact the grill of the car that t boned them, by breaking trough the the glass and making contact there. Now, sometimes the impact is bad enough that probably nothing would have saved them, but I'm sure many of them could have lived if they had something to buffer the impact there.

As for myself .. I'll gladly pay 400.00 for the effort to keep my kiddos safer. It may make the difference.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:57 AM

I got them and they run from front of windshield post to rear seat area. I have seen people saved by having these and buying a safe car was one reason I got the 5000 lb Hummer.
As far as rare options I bet I am the only one who ordered a factory engine block heater.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

no they don't Mark, there have side rear curtain airbags now, don't know if they had them when you got yours though. I got them on mine and you can see where the airbags are located in the rear.

Oh sorry they did not have them when i got mine.I need to keep up with the times.
I would get them if i have little kids in a heartbeat.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:11 PM

it's amazing how many things they changed in the course of a year and all on the same model year vehicle!

Old 09-02-2006, 07:03 PM

not sure what kind of airbags...i think just front....my owner papers say "roof rail airbag system"....whatever that means and also 'dual frontal airbags w/PSS.

'

Quick Reply: Does your H3 have Side the Optional Side Airbags