PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Does Premium gas void your factory warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 03:12 AM
Default RE: Does Premium gas void your factory warranty?

Name:  sleezy.gif
Views: 270
Size:  7.3 KB

Old 08-04-2007, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Jeez. My term "foreign diluted" was referring to products, not people. Sorry for the digression. I'll go back to watching my Sony TV now as soon as I get done typing on my Dell.

Thank you for recognizing my sick sarcasm. [sm=guilty.gif]

Old 08-12-2007, 08:53 AM

The Only VIOD, will be your pocket book, won't bother the HUMMER Warrenty.........

Old 09-19-2007, 10:54 PM

Let's clear this up. Premuim=no advantages. I have always ran premium in my other vehicles. As long as there are no disadvantages of running premium, than I will keep using it.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:21 AM

ORIGINAL: ikao

and I'm asian. thanks for the "funny"references. have any special names you use to refer to us as people? or just the "crap" my type produces? btw, I'm sure the computer you're using comes with all american-made parts from american companiestoo. /sarcasm off.
As a matter of fact, most computer parts are produced in Taiwan, not Japan. Also, most labor intensive parts are produced in cheap labor countries such as China... not Japan.

Oh and FYI, it was Americans who created the internet and the computer.

Please do not start anything here or assume because someone said jap crap that they are immediately racist or negative towards your race or thinks you are inferior.

for what it's worth, japanese cars are great for those who don't have time to do necessary maintenance.
As oppose to...???? Now you are going here off on a crusade?

must sound like sin to most people here, since it seems like everyone here takes very good care of their cars. fact remains, though, not all people have the time or money to do all the necessary maintenance. my parents don't. they have a pair of hondas (1991 and 1994)that see an oil change every 12k miles....if they're lucky. never had the radiator flushed. tires never rotated; rebalanced only when tires are replaced. nothing except the tires (and oil filter during an oil change) have been replaced before (not even the wipers). never a single problem.
So you assume that American cars needs to be maintained more? Huh? Oil change ever 12k miles, let me remind you of something... SYNTHETIC OIL. Works in all cars

Never had the tires rotated, I'm sorry here bro, but all cars NEEDS tires rotated, if it has 4 wheels and drives on rubber, to ensure even wear you HAVE to rotate it.Rebalanced only when replaced? You think a honda automatically balances the tires while it drives? Umm buddy, I don't think a tire cares what car it's mounted to.

Wipers? Same company makes them for most OEM's... once again, nothing special here.

I don't know where you get your logic, you want us not to flame your cars, but then you come here and make these grossassumptions that are so ill-informed it's almost sickening.

sorry for the rant; I'm just tired of the whole domestic vs. import crap. there's upsides and downsides to both. in general, they're just different cars. different strokes for different folks.
Obviously you are not, you made your point quite clear that we are in the wrong and imports are superior... if you didn't mean to, you would have just said this last quote instead of trying to show how superior imports are in maintenance...

No one here is racist or shows any type of hatred to any type of culture, keep that in mind. We do occasionally like to poke fun at some types of cars (not the culture that they were born from) in a friendly rib poking form. We realize that our cars are not 50mpg, runs 100k without problems, and are perfect, but to us, they are our cars that we enjoy. Your cars are not big and have limited space/power/whatever, but thats what you enjoy. There will always be some form of rib jabbing fun around here and in every import forum. Keep that in mind. Oh and dont' go calling me racist or anything like that either, my best friend is Asian (Chinese - Korean) and my family used to own large stakes in Nissan dealerships... not to mention we drove Hondas, BMW's, Mercs, and Nissans in the past. You will find a lot of hummer folks also have an import or in some point in time did.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:32 AM

ORIGINAL: TacticalH3

Let's clear this up. Premuim=no advantages. I have always ran premium in my other vehicles. As long as there are no disadvantages of running premium, than I will keep using it.
Yes there is a huge disadvantage... you pay more.

Why would you put in better gas when knowingly there are no advantages in your setup?

Old 09-20-2007, 06:30 PM

Some people have the wrong impression that higher rated gas will make your engine life longer

Old 09-20-2007, 06:32 PM

BTW, Ockie I agree with you on the import vs domestic and I really dont feel any racism towards asians because I have a lot of asian employees that I am freinds with

Old 10-24-2007, 01:02 PM

As a service manager for a Hummer dealership, Premium fuel will not void any warranty.
As far as people telling you premium fuel is no different from regular fuel, that could not be farther from the truth. The pre-detonationcapacityof higher octain fuel is a big advantage in most cases. Why do you think race fuel is 110 octane andup?In my race car I gain 20hp by switch from pump gas to race gas. It burns more effencintly. Now you will not see this in you Hummer vehicles. the computer will adjust timing, fuel mixture, transmission shift and other settings to optimize fuel economy. The reality is,if it doesn't ping, you can use the lowest octane possible.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:11 PM

The Toyota FJ requires 97.

Quick Reply: Does Premium gas void your factory warranty?