PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Does this button light up at night?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Default Does this button light up at night?

Hey guys

I am new to the forum - I picked up a 2007 Black on Black H2 a few months ago and am really having fun and love my hummer - I have had a few minor issues that a lot of other hummers seem to have and I have gotten them all fixed up. My question is I noticed that on of the buttons on my dash board is not illuminated at night and I was wondering if it even lights up. All of the other buttons light up - so I was thinking this one should also, because I noticed it did not light up because I needed to use the function to get out of some deep snow I was stuck in.

After fumbling around I found the button and It sure did the job and I got out of a very bad situation in the deep now here in Montana

I have attached a pic of the button (circled in red) it is the rear differential lock out button - all of the buttons underneath light up so I wanted to know if this is something to get replaced while I still have the warranty

Thanks!

XENO

[IMG]local://upfiles/4852/ADDB1522FFA8435F949BA72E2E534C7F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Default RE: Does this button light up at night?

The locking rear axle can give your vehicle additional traction from the rear wheels when traveling in off-road situations such as mud, snow, sand, steep hills and uneven terrain.

The button used to turn this feature on or off is located above the transfer case buttons to the right of the steering wheel.
To lock the rear axle, do the following:
[ol]Place the transfer case in the 4LO Lock mode. This is the only mode which will allow the rear axle to lock. See All-Wheel Drive for more information regarding the transfer case and 4LO Lock mode.
Press the button with the vehicle stopped or moving less than 2 mph (3 km/h). [/ol]
You must wait for the light in the button to stop flashing and remain illuminated before the rear axle is locked.

Notice
If you try to lock the rear axle while your vehicle is stuck and the tires are spinning, you could damage your vehicle's drivetrain. The repairs would not be covered by your warranty. Always lock the rear axle before attempting situations and/or navigating terrain which could possibly cause the vehicle to become stuck.

The locking rear axle will be disengaged when the vehicle's speed is greater than 20 mph (32 km/h), if the vehicle's battery is low and/or the transfer case is shifted out of 4LO Lock mode.

Notice
If you lock the rear axle while driving on pavement, you could damage your vehicle's drivetrain. The repairs would not be covered by your warranty. Do not use the locking rear axle on pavement. If you need four-wheel drive when traveling on pavement, use only 4HI.

Wisker27 .

Old 12-22-2008, 10:36 PM

Wisker27

Thanks!

I did get everything to work and I got out of the snow - my main question is the image on the button face was not light up - so I was trying to find the button in the dark and I could not find it - all of the other buttons underneath (4 high - 4 high locked & 4 low locked) all light up in the dark - so I could see them and use them to try to get out of my mess - It was not until I turned on the overhead map light that I saw the other button (the rear axle locker button) that was not lighting up - after I saw the locker button I used it and got out of the snow.

I am trying to find out if the image (pattern / drawing on the face of the button) has a back-light like the rest of the buttons in the hummer so at night you can see the button if you need to use it

Thanks! for the help

XENO

Old 12-23-2008, 12:00 AM

Hey I have an 05 hummer and im pretty sure my locker button does not light up with the headlights on. il double check tommorow

Old 12-23-2008, 04:13 PM

Trainnwhls,

I really appreciate it

Thanks!

XENO

Old 12-24-2008, 08:12 AM

I checked mine today and it does not light up like the other three. I bet they did it that way so you wont accidentally push it when you are not supposed to.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:21 PM

Calif Phil,

Thank you very much

Happy Holidays

XENO