PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Does anyone have Toyo MT's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 07:50 AM

well said DOC!!

Old 09-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Talking

My toyo's say "made in U.S.A." right on the side of them lol. In all seriousness I hear you Doc. In the size he is looking for there are many more choices available than what I had to choose from. but just remember BFG is NOT American. They were bought my the FRENCH owned Michilin like 25+ years ago.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:10 AM

Amen Doc.

I figured Michelin was made in France by the name...but BFG too??? So if a driver is running French tires, and another vehicle comes up running German tires, does the first driver surrender immediately??

Doc, it makes me sick to see people driving toyoyas and hondas with American flag stickers on their bumpers....I always wonder if they are stupid or just confused. Anyway Doc, I totally agree...people just don't get it.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:20 PM

If they aren't made by union hacks I would say go for the Toyos!!!

Old 09-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Never been a union member in my entire life, they've been outpricing their labor for years, just caught up to them.

Unions did not create this crap hole by themselves, they needed lots of help. Unions had a place, but today is a new game, and can't be played by the past.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Yep.... and many many people .... still don't get it.

It's about when you have a choice, perhaps a modicum of loyalty to fellow american businesses/workers would not have our economy in the crap hole it is in now.
If corporate wallstreeters had any loyalty, instead of greed, we would have better stuff than insurance and hamburgers to sell to each other.

Excuse the interruption caused by my sarcastic opinion, continue on.

The choices in my neck of the woods are usually China or Indonesia. I'm all for American business, Just as soon as they stock their shelves with something made in America instead of China i'll be first in line to buy it.
None of that really matters though, They have run us into the hole so far we will all be running around naked for generations and won't have any money to buy anything no matter where it's made.

But I still like my toyo's performance in the snow.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:03 PM

I went with the Dick Cepek Mountain Cat over the Toyo's. The Toyo's look cool but the sidewall tread is not as aggressive as the Mountain Cat. The toyo's sidewall tred doesn't offer as much grabing power, might as well run a solid strip of rubber on the sidewall. When you get into thick mud the Toyo's show their design flaw.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:24 PM

Thanks for the info on the toyos, still not sure what to get but from the sounds of it I better buy American....

Old 09-17-2009, 06:24 PM

I agree buying American if possible is admirable. The problem with Doc is the bigotry he spreads. What does "rice" and "chopsticks" have to do with anything. That comment is meant to be hurtful. Its so sad to here someone who is so out of touch in our great diverse land. I guess some people just don't get it.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:15 AM

I just ordered a new set of 33x12.50R18 Toyo MTs to go on a new set of 18x9 matte black XD Rockstars. The Toyos will give me everything I need.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have Toyo MT's?