PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

do you get better gas mileage with dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Default do you get better gas mileage with dual exhaust

THIS QUESTION IS FOR ANYONE WITH DUAL EXHAUST ON THEI H2. DO YOU GET ANY IMPROVEMENT ON GAS MILEAGE? IF SO, WHAT KIT DO YOU HAVE. I WOULD BE INTERSTED IN WHAT YA'LL HAVE TO SAY. IF ANYTHING, I KNOW IT SOUNDS A HELL OF A LOT BETTER <(^-^)>

Old 02-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Default RE: do you get better gas mileage with dual exhaust

if you do, it won't be noticable. you've already got dual exhaust to the muffler, and there's not much room to add a second muffler. you could just eliminate the muffler altogether, and go with straight pipe. that would make it sound like the biggest harley on the block. but your mileage isn't going to change enough to allow you to notice. it will sound cool, so if that's part of your goal, go for it. i'd go with a flowmaster for a good rumble, or magnaflow for a quieter growl, but there are others out there that i'm not familiar with. the HP and mileage claims on this kind of stuff are bs, if you want a real improvement get a programmer and/or a supercharger.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:00 AM

thank you shortbus. you mentioned a programmer? what is this and how does it function. more important, how much does it cost and does a shop have to install it. thanks guys

Old 03-03-2006, 01:55 PM

programmers are just that, they change the oem programming in the vehicle. stallioncustoms carries 2 different ones, hypertech and superchips. i've been looking into getting one myself, but not for mileage, more for tighter shifting and speedo calibration for bigger tires. visit www.stallioncustoms.com and look under the performance header. that will give you a brief description of what the programmers can do. cost is around $400 on average. i doubt you'll get a huge change in mileage though, there's only so much you can do with a 6.0 liter engine toting around 7000 lbs.