PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Do mud flaps really help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Default RE: Do mud flaps really help

I HAVE THEM ON AND HELPS ALOT..I ALSO HAVE NERF BARS..HAD NO PROBLEM.

Old 06-24-2007, 08:21 PM

I put the Husky flaps with the H3 logo on the rear flaps right after Hummer homecoming last year. They look great but probably don't keep the truck clean. I just got back this evening from Country Roads in Beckley, West Virginia. The right rear mud flap was the demise of my entire right rear wheel well cover unit. Running some big time boulders and the mud flaps were taking a beating. Had to back up and take a different approach to some boulders and the mud flap got trapped and ripped out the entire wheel well. I took the time to take the mud flap off of the wheel well and left the wheel well cover in W.Va.

Old 06-24-2007, 08:26 PM

Ahhhhh.....So you're the owner of the orphaned wheel well liner ad mud flap.....

I was wondering about that.....

As for the mud flaps, sometimes there is just no point:

Old 06-24-2007, 09:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Gunner_45

Ahhhhh.....So you're the owner of the orphaned wheel well liner ad mud flap.....

I was wondering about that.....

As for the mud flaps, sometimes there is just no point:

Now THAT'S how an H3 should look!

Old 06-24-2007, 09:43 PM

I reused my leftover truck flaps that are cheap generic units from Autozone:

Name:  mysplashguards2.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  79.0 KB

Old 06-25-2007, 10:37 AM

ORIGINAL: mliebs8

I have a white H3 and I'm tired of driving through a smallwet patch in the roadand having the truck look like it hasn't been cleaned in a week. How much do mud flaps really help for this?
After a week with a white H3, we realized that the mud and rooster tail streaks were a problem, so we bought and installed the E&G fender flare kit with mud flaps. They help alot, but do not keep all the mud off. But if I had to do it again, I would definately get them. If you do alot of offroading, you may want to consider a rubber mud flap. The plastic ones that came with our kit are pretty rugged, and have been flexed pretty good without breaking, but make me a little nervous sometimes. You can check out pics in my gallery here.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:51 AM

With the mud flaps and Nerf bars combo, I think the rear fender flairs have been saved from a lot of rock chips...Peeps I know of thathave nothing, their rear fenders are chip ridden pretty bad.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:19 PM

Mine help a lot. I hunt and fish year-round and often find myself heading down muddy roads. They help protect the finish near the front wheel well from rocks and clumps of mud/rock. The flaps from Hummer are pricy so if you can find a suitable brand elsewhere, go for it! DUXBAK . . . . .

Old 06-25-2007, 01:32 PM

Littlehummerboy I really like the fender flare set up but it's out of my price range at the moment. I actually really like your H3 in general. I can get the OEM flaps locally for around $70 so I'm just going to go with that. I don't do any off roading so hopefully this will get me by.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: mliebs8

Littlehummerboy I really like the fender flare set up but it's out of my price range at the moment. I actually really like your H3 in general. I can get the OEM flaps locally for around $70 so I'm just going to go with that. I don't do any off roading so hopefully this will get me by.
They are pricey, no doubt. about 3 months after purchasing ours, I found a guy who had purchased them, but had to take them off as he got into extreme offroading and felt they would break. He only wanted $150 for the set used, not sure if he still has them or not. If you are interested, I will dig up his name for you. I even think he is a forum member here.

Quick Reply: Do mud flaps really help