PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Do any dealers "level"?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Default Do any dealers "level"?

Hey guys, I was curious if anyone knows if any Hummer dealers will "level" out the front end and do the alignment on-site. My driveway stinks and I am just scared I will break something (I know, I know). Just curious. Also looking to put blisteins in...

Old 02-22-2011, 07:25 PM

I don't know if any dealers will do it. Might try calling Mcdermott in East Haven.
Or you could come over to my house in Southington ( when the weather gets warmer ) and I'll level it for you. Takes about 20 minutes. We could install Bilstiens and bumpstops too. Whole job would take about an hour. Then you can get an alignment anywhere, at cheaper than dealer prices.
Dagkana might show up for the party too. Me and Dan work for beer

Last edited by Bunger; 02-22-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:48 PM

Some dealerships will, some won't. It really depends on the relationship that you have with that dealership. The dealership that I used all the time in AZ, did. Since moving to LA, I have yet to find a shop that knows what they are doing. My driveway isn't the best either, but living on a military base, there's parking lots everywhere. Just load up the socket, rachet, and tape measure and have at it!

Old 02-22-2011, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bunger
I don't know if any dealers will do it. Might try calling Mcdermott in East Haven.
Or you could come over to my house in Southington ( when the weather gets warmer ) and I'll level it for you. Takes about 20 minutes. We could install Bilstiens and bumpstops too. Whole job would take about an hour. Then you can get an alignment anywhere, at cheaper than dealer prices.
GREAT OFFER! Way to to with the helping out another HUMMER Owner spirit!

Old 02-23-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bunger
I might have to take you up on that offer. Mcdermott isn't really my favorite bunch of service people. I really like Karl, but they talked against it (they noted warranty coverage) and they are very expensive in their service/accessories.

I will be away for the month of March anyways, so maybe around April. I'll gladly bring the beer!