PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Dennis: Disturbing Pictures for you.........

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Default RE: Dennis: Disturbing Pictures for you.........

Nice pics Mike .. that first one is a keeper, turned out real well! I remember that trail .. {{shudder}} lol

Old 03-26-2007, 11:56 PM

I need to find people in Metro Atlanta to go humming with!

Nova...

Old 03-27-2007, 06:33 AM

Mike, Who went with you???

Old 03-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

It was myself, HummerMike (who is also the event planner for our Hummer club), jdrew, and the mysterious and spectacular ZYNE/Nick. The things he can do with a Hummer.................

I still can't stress enough how well he navigated that thing. It was like driving a ATV into the back of a Civic, just doesn't seem possible! I really didn't know if I would like it, but you guys honestly don't know what your missing. Watching people do it and actually doing it is a complete 180 experience. When your truck is submerged door-trim deep in water, it feels like you are driving a boat lol. Not one drop of water made it into our cars. Pretty amazing.

I know people here like shortbus do this all the time and it's nothing, but for people like us that have never done it before, I think we did a damn good job considering not one of us broke anything (well, with the exception possibly of ZYNE, but they think it's just that his trans fluid needs changing).

Next time, on the 29th, we will have close to 20 trucks. That should be interesting!

Old 03-27-2007, 12:46 PM

LOL Mike .. doode .. ya'll are gunna start makin me blush if ya keep this compliments stuff up much longer LOL!!If nothing else it's a tribute to all the good spottin' I got and well .. the temporary relocation of that tree ...

As far as the breakin' stuff goes .. I talked to Mike (the service manager) again today and they said they are going to check the fluids in my tranny, tcase (since it stuck), both diff's, and the alignment of the front end. I know I took a couple of good hits on the front right and it feels slightly out of whack so I want it looked at too... then we'll see where we need to go from there. The fact that the tranny runs almost twice as hot as it normally does and the engine is on the money makes me somewhat worried ... hopefully it's something simple and CHEAP lol ... NO WARRANTY here lol!!!
If nothing else I'd rather spend the 55 bucks in diag fee to find out I'm just paranoid than not do it and crap starts falling out on my way to work a couple of weeks from now ....LOL!

Old 03-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Nick: Did you check your tire pressure? I found that even a .5 lb to 1 lb difference in pressure makes a huge difference in the alignment on the highway. After we filled up after the park, mine was off, but after the wheels cooled down and I checked them again in the morning, I set them all to 28 lbs (some were off by a lb or so) and now the alignment is perfect again. Pretty amazing considering how I slammed into these huge rocks under the mud pitt.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:50 PM

I checked them before I left for the park but if you recall I never aired down ... I will check em again tonight and see if there's any noticeable difference but I doubt there will be. Mike, the guy I always deal with at HOC said he would throw it on the machine and check it free of charge. If I needed an adjustment at that point they would let me know and we'll go from there. 28 LBS is a wee bit on the low side for my tires but that's right around where I've been keeping them. It makes the ride not so damn harsh ... I think they set em at 40 when I had em but on and I ended up having a hell of a time explaining all the bruises to my wife LOL!