PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Dealership frustrations...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Default Dealership frustrations...

Do sales reps really not give a **** when you use the GM supplier discount. My rep was supposed to be searching in the area for a red or black alpha and I have not heard anything from him.

He also didn't return my call till after a week later and this was before I brought up the GM supplier discount. One more thing... he says come in and speak with our parts guy about the options you want... I will let him know to expect you tomorrow.

I get there... parts guys says..."huh?"

Luckilytheres more than one Hummer dealershipwhere I live, though they are about 35-45 miles apart.

So I figure I have two options...
1. Speak with the manager and voice my displeasure and see what he can do for me... or ...
2. Go to the other dealership and see what they are like.

In addition to all this, these guys are selling an Alpha with tons of options. They will make plenty of money off of this. On top of that they are rated #2 behind Lexus and are selling the 4x4 of the year right? They should act like it.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Default RE: Dealership frustrations...

First I would SPEAK to the Manager. You might get a SWEET DEAL by complaining.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Talk to the GM/Owner. These guys need to know they have hired $hit for help. If that doesn't fix it go to the other dealer. Since I knew exactly what I wanted I got my H1 Alpha from Lynch Hummer. called Steve, confirmed it was what I wanted, wired the money and had them ship the truck to California. I never saw the actual truck until it showed up in my driveway. Not sure where you are but the big "power" dealers usually have a great selection and deal a little better on them.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Talk to the GM/Owner. These guys need to know they have hired $hit for help. If that doesn't fix it go to the other dealer. Since I knew exactly what I wanted I got my H1 Alpha from Lynch Hummer. called Steve, confirmed it was what I wanted, wired the money and had them ship the truck to California. I never saw the actual truck until it showed up in my driveway. Not sure where you are but the big "power" dealers usually have a great selection and deal a little better on them.
Exactly....When I'm not at work I really APPRECIATE customers telling me THE GOOD and THE BAD!!! Helps ME make a better environment!!! I'm sure the GM would feel the same!!

Old 01-20-2008, 03:45 AM

ORIGINAL: VanSmite

Do sales reps really not give a **** when you use the GM supplier discount. My rep was supposed to be searching in the area for a red or black alpha and I have not heard anything from him.

He also didn't return my call till after a week later and this was before I brought up the GM supplier discount. One more thing... he says come in and speak with our parts guy about the options you want... I will let him know to expect you tomorrow.

I get there... parts guys says..."huh?"

Luckilytheres more than one Hummer dealershipwhere I live, though they are about 35-45 miles apart.

So I figure I have two options...
1. Speak with the manager and voice my displeasure and see what he can do for me... or ...
2. Go to the other dealership and see what they are like.

In addition to all this, these guys are selling an Alpha with tons of options. They will make plenty of money off of this. On top of that they are rated #2 behind Lexus and are selling the 4x4 of the year right? They should act like it.
I had a very similar experiance. I wrote off the dealership and intiialy wrote off there sister dealership untell I came across Hummer Guy on this forum.

Use options 1 and 2. Tell the other dealership about your other experiance and they should try harder.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:22 AM

We bought ours at GM Supplier Pricing on New Years Eve. We couldn't have been treated better. We were treated like VIP's. Although, the owner of the dealership I run my GM business from is good friends with the Hummer dealership owner, so that could have made a difference.

However, you are mistaken if you think they make a ton of money on a GM Supplier Deal.

With that said, it should't make a difference on how you are treated. A parts guy has no doings with what options you want on your vehicle unless you want to purchase some stuff after you get it!

Old 01-20-2008, 02:38 PM

When we bought my wife's we told the finance dept what we wanted on it and they wrote up an order sheet for it and took it back to parts and got the prices and wrapped it up into the financing. They placed the order with the "add-on" sheet. We just dropped it off for the scheduled date and done. The parts guy knew nothing except when he priced everything out.