PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Dealer lost my new H3 !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 04:06 AM
Default Dealer lost my new H3 !!

I ordered my h3 at the end of Jan. and was told it was built 3 weeks ago and given the vin. #. Monday the dealer said they could not locate my H3. I called the next day and they said it was on a rail car but all the dealer's cars were not being unloaded because of some rail yard backup. They are telling me it has been in that rail yard almost 2 weeks and they can not say would it will get to the dealership. Does this sound possible? I keep thinking it is in a body shop and they are waiting for the paint to dry.

Old 03-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Default RE: Dealer lost my new H3 !!

Isnt there a delivery date on your contract? You should tell them that you want to be compensated for every day it's too late. And give GM a call.

Old 03-12-2006, 11:41 AM

could be when you do get it look it over real good
or if you live close by to the rail yard go take a look

Old 03-13-2006, 03:39 AM

No contract other than a price agreement. Dealer said 6 to 8 week wait but that is not in writing. I put a $2000 deposit down with my American Express card and am not sure if I back out that I will get that money back and Am. Exp. could not tell me what they would do until they contacted the dealer. After waiting 8 weeks I do not want to cancel if it will only be another week. Besides i do not want to order all over from start. The 3 hummer dealers in Phoenix are all owned by the same family and they gouge the buyers ( which is why I bought out of state) with a desert package that you have to buy. It is over $2000 for a paint protectant ( that I bet will ruin the paint in 3 years - you should not even wax a new car until the paint dries), seat cloth treatment and other fluff plus they will only discount $500 max. and they get that back with they dealer fees. Phoenix is the worst place to buy a Hummer! The salespeople do not even know their product. The salesperson told me that the trailer package includes a extra heavy duty radiator but upon contacting Hummer direct they said that was not true.