PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Dealer can not get 2010 H3's, is this the end?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 03:06 AM
Default Dealer can not get 2010 H3's, is this the end?

Several dealers told me I can not order a 2010 H3 and they can not get them any more. Does this mean the end of the H3?
Looks like Jeep Rubicon will have no competition now.
Still can not beleive such a great vehicle, and one that does not get that really bad gas mileage is finished.
Anyone knows some FACTS?
And what does this mean for us H3 owners as far as spare parts?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:00 AM

Not sure about the future of Hummer with GM, maybe just a serious lag in production. But if a person can still purchase parts for a Ford Edsel Ranger at Autozone, I think we should be safe when it comes to replacement parts and products for the H3.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:32 AM

I don't know about the H3 associated stamping and powertrain plants but at least GM didn't close the Shreveport, Louisiana assembly plant. I would assume that future production is on hold until Hummer's potential sale is finalized.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:36 AM

I was just at a dealership interested in ordering a 2010 and that dealer told me that they were expecting the 2010's in october but they havent even started building them yet. He said he was told they weren't going to build any 2010's because they are selling the Hummer name. Don't know how much truth there is in this but thats what he said.

Old 08-26-2009, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan9
I was just at a dealership interested in ordering a 2010 and that dealer told me that they were expecting the 2010's in october but they havent even started building them yet. He said he was told they weren't going to build any 2010's because they are selling the Hummer name. Don't know how much truth there is in this but thats what he said.
The South African assembly plant was closed to consolidate world wide production at Shreveport when the Hummer brand sale was first announced last year. That's the only information available through Googling at this point.

The sell-off of Hummer is supposed to be finalized during Q3 of this year. Until that point, it's all likely a waiting game. Maybe GM doesn't want to lose any additional money on the deal by having to give away more H3 inventory to the new company?

Old 08-26-2009, 03:12 PM

yeah I was also told that, Holden Australia is not importing anymore H3's until they know whats happening with the selling or the possible scrapping of the brand.

They said they are happy to put an order down for me, but they will not take a deposite as there is no guarantee to when, if ever.

To be honest id rather it be scrapped than sold to a chinese investor and have it ruined. go down with honor.

I'm sure none of you's want to see a four door saloon car made by a hummer, or a family hatchback.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Thumbs down

There are many SUV's that get the H3's gas mileage or way worse so hopefully the H3 will survive. It is just a beautiful (especially with 35" tires filling up those big wheel wells) and tough vehicle.Then is no better off roader in my opinion and i ahve owned the LAndCruiser FJ40, International Scout, CJ5, CJ7 ,Grand Cherokee, Pathfinder, and the H3 is the best .
It was funny my Hummer dealer in Phoenix said he was only able to find one 2009 with the Adventurers Package and it was white and had "several hundred miles" on it. I bet it was broken in just like it should be

Old 08-27-2009, 05:00 AM

The GM dealer here in Guam also informed me that they wouldn't be getting Hummer's anymore.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:20 AM

That really sucks. I love my H3 and would love to have another one after the eventual end of this one.

I remember reading that GM was planning to make a more fuel efficient Hummer. Hopefully the company that buys the brand will still do so.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:10 AM

This was just posted, great news, check it out: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16597

Quick Reply: Dealer can not get 2010 H3's, is this the end?