PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

De-badging the H3?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 09:32 AM

Saw a funny one the other day, a large H2 rocking at least 37" tires.... anyway it was de-badged with only the little Ford Hybrid emblems.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:56 AM

Anyone remember the old Porsche 911 poster "Kills Bugs Fast", we'll thats how I feel when I am driving the H3.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Chad
Has anyone here removed the H3 badges from there truck? Im not much of a fan of badges and I think they have a cleaner look de-badged ... just wondering is there just double sided taped on or if they have a nasty hole in the panel and clip in as well as double sided tape ... ?
Like others have said here, you can use fishing line to slice thru and remove badge, but that does cut thru the foam acrylic tape. It also prevents the badge from being reused.
Just more info for you

Old 09-19-2011, 02:00 PM

Why would it prevent the emblem from being reused?

Old 09-19-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Widespread Hummer
Why would it prevent the emblem from being reused?
When you pull the fishing line trough the back of the badge attached to the truck, it slices through the foam acrylic tape and effectively takes the sticky side that was attached to the truck from the sticky side that is attached to the back of the emblem. it cuts through the foam. Hope I explained that well enough ?
I have used a mild solvent and it loosens the acrylic adhesive just enough for you to pry the emblem off. This allow you to have the acrylic tape in good enough shape to reattach later on.
I have done this about twenty times on several vehicles and it has worked each and every time.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:59 AM

debadge that whip!!!!!