PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Daddy's new shoes

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by strippersteel
Thanks madmayo! I thought about plastidiping all my chrome a while back but decided to paint in all instead. I had all the chrome painted black and all the trim, running boards, etc repainted black at the same time so that it all looked fresh and matching. Either way i've seen plastidip ones and they look good as well plus if you don't like it then its easy to take off.
Did you paint it yourself or have a shop do it? If you painted it how did you prep it? I would paint it myself just not sure if the chrome is sandable or not. Don't want it to flake and look like ***.

That's why I was thinking plastidip. If it goes south I could remove it. Still curious about the longevity of the plastidip especially with our hard winters.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:50 AM

madmayo I had a local paint shop do it. They do really good work and had it all painted for $400. Its been 6 months and everything still looks flawless so for me it was well worth the money.