PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Daddy's new shoes

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Default Daddy's new shoes

Well after a long winter and itching for new rims and tires since I purchased it back in October. Finally bit the bullet after doing a ton of searching. Originally I was looking for rockstars and nitto mud grapplers. Since I have a cj7 with super swampers I decided to keep the nice ride and noise to a minimum. I ended up with some 20" eagle alloy 50's wrapped with toyo open country at2 extremes. 35 x12.50x20. I am absolutely pleased with the wayit looks and drives now. I hate the turbine rims and find the 20" rims update the truck. So here's the before and after pics.

Attached Thumbnails Daddy's new shoes-hummer-h2-002.jpg   Daddy's new shoes-hummer-h2-004.jpg   Daddy's new shoes-hummer-h2-007.jpg   Daddy's new shoes-hummer-h2-005.jpg   Daddy's new shoes-hummer-h2-003.jpg  

Old 04-18-2014, 05:29 PM

I like, those AT's are pretty aggressive looking too. I like the setup!

Old 04-18-2014, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I like, those AT's are pretty aggressive looking too. I like the setup!

Thanks! I really was stuck on m/t's. But after seeing these it was a compromise I could live with and I think I made the right decision. the tire has great reviews.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:58 PM

Nice shoes im also looking to put new tires on mine , nice spotlight also im trying to get my hands on a train light to mount up on the front roofrail ;-)....

Old 04-18-2014, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by hmer
Nice shoes im also looking to put new tires on mine , nice spotlight also im trying to get my hands on a train light to mount up on the front roofrail ;-)....

Thanks, the light is a stryker go lite. I've seen them on ebay for 200ish.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:33 AM

Looks good! I always like black rims on a Hummer. Are you going to keep all the chrome or have you thought of painting all the chrome black to match the wheels? Either way looks good.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by strippersteel
Looks good! I always like black rims on a Hummer. Are you going to keep all the chrome or have you thought of painting all the chrome black to match the wheels? Either way looks good.
Thanks! I would like to remove the chrome. I just used some wipe new to freshen up the plastic bumpers. Next is to repaint the steel part of the bumpers and rock sliders matt black.

Then I think I'm going to plastidip the grill and all otHer chrome. As well as the roof racks or remove them completely.

I was checking out your green h2. Looks sweet and not many around in that colour.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:39 AM

Well Done!

Old 04-20-2014, 07:00 AM

Thanks madmayo! I thought about plastidiping all my chrome a while back but decided to paint in all instead. I had all the chrome painted black and all the trim, running boards, etc repainted black at the same time so that it all looked fresh and matching. Either way i've seen plastidip ones and they look good as well plus if you don't like it then its easy to take off.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:19 AM

As far as plastidip goes im looking at some camo green options that look really nice and black for the grill and wheels .