PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Crazy new PCM harness problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 03:28 AM
Default Crazy new PCM harness problem

Today I finally grew tired of my random so start condition and decided to dig a Lil deeper. Ended up chasing ghosts for the better part of the day. No MILs or DTCs setting. Tested battery, checked connections swapped relays, ohmed out pretty much everything, but still intermittently would not start. Ended up changing the ignition switch itself too. Finally duplicated no start signal from pcm to start relay. Pulled the PCM out and turned it over and found four wires on connector one (blue) had insulation worn completely off. Three of them were frayed and touching each other as well as the steel brake line they had been rubbing against. Granted, my rig has a few miles more than most, but I would caution everyone else to be on watch for this. The PCM loom to the blue connector rides right down against the brake line on the LH frame rail. It ended up rubbing through the orange B+ line (connector C1 pin 20) and the pink ign. line (connector C1 pin 19) as well as the dk blue KS signal (connector C1 pin 51) although never blew any fuses.
I repaired the wires, taped it all together, and re-installed, successfully killing my PCM in the process, and I'm not sure why. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Attached Thumbnails Crazy new PCM harness problem-h2-pcm-harness.jpg  
Old 08-12-2013, 08:41 AM

I will take a look at mine to make sure they are not rubbing, thanks for the tip and good luck with your PCM.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Default PCM issues

BigDog,

Can you take some pictures or tell me where and how to get to the PCM on the H2? I'm having some issues with mine randomly dying while driving down the road. Thanks.