PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

crazy H3 driver on I81 SOUTH

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Default crazy H3 driver on I81 SOUTH

LOL LAST TUESDAY I WAS ON MY way to pa and a black h3 pulled behin me lol he was trying to race me lolololol I KNOW the black h3 had a sticker that said extreme 4x4 in red i was doing close to100 and this guy passed me like he was driving a ferrari WOW he did the same thing to a black h2 that i saw on I 81S WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS HOW MUCH WAS THE TICKET FOR GOING OVER 100 MPH ON I 81S IS HE A MEMBER BLACK H3 WITH RED EXTREME 4X4 LETTERS ON THE SIDE AND THE FRONT

Old 07-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Default RE: crazy H3 driver on I81 SOUTH

I believe you end up seeing a judge over that one. I got nailed doing 99 in a 55 zone and this while on the brakes slowing down. Trooper was a younger guy who really appreciated not having to chase me down. As I was the only vehicle on the road I just pulled over and waited, couldn't get out of it so no point in making it harder than it has to be. He ended up writing me down to 74 in a 55 zone and the ticket ran me$120. I would've seena judge over that one had he not done that ..

Old 07-07-2007, 08:21 AM

lol well i didnt get stop since i waesnt driving the black h3 I HEARD that over in PA you have to go to court for speeding tickets i dont have much time for that lol

Old 07-07-2007, 05:21 PM

Last I knew, anything more than 30 mph over the limit in PA was an automatic license suspension plus the court costs and fines etc. I would imagine that the fine would be at least $200. Probably more. Any PA law on here to say for sure??

Old 07-08-2007, 03:29 PM

LLOL IF IT IS $200 THATS NOTHING HERE IN NYC A DOUBLE PARKING TICKET IS $150 PLUS $50 SURCHARGE LOL

Old 07-08-2007, 11:19 PM

Penalties for speeding vary, of course, by state.Generally there is set amount of speed over the speed limit that when exceeded results in very harsh penalties. Some states will suspend your license, some will take you to jail and charge you criminally, others will do other things.

Where I live, anyone caught speeding on a highway who is going more than 25 over the speed limit is considered to be "criminally" speeding and is normally arrested and taken to jail. On a non highway road the limit is 20 mph, anyone caught in a residential area, roadway, street or other area not considered a highway is "criminally" speeding. Again, usually they are taken to jail, but not always. I have heard of officers being kind and "citing and releasing" someone for criminal speed, but that is fairly rare.

Speeding up to but not beyond the limit of what is called "criminal" is called "civil traffic" and results in a simple traffic ticket. Again, that is where I live, and it can differ from state to state or even city to city or county to county.

Rob

Old 07-09-2007, 04:57 AM

A bit off topic but I just traveled on I77 South to Savannah. I saw 5 H2s and only 1 H3. I would have though it would been the other way around. One H2 was towed behind a huge motorhome.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:46 AM

what state you live in? Iwanna make sure i dont drive around there

Old 07-10-2007, 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Jet Mech

Last I knew, anything more than 30 mph over the limit in PA was an automatic license suspension plus the court costs and fines etc. I would imagine that the fine would be at least $200. Probably more. Any PA law on here to say for sure??
I'll bite.
When I was pulled over they gave me the citation, and gave me the option to either simply pay the fine or to challenge it and go to court (in Upper St. Clair).

So I put a catback exhaust on my TT this one night, and drove over to a buddy's house (who is real big into VWs) and we went out for a quick joyride. Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I turned out of his neighborhood and floored it through 1st and 2nd I received a speeding ticket from a cop who was going the other way when saw each other coming over the crest of a pretty small hill. I was going 50-55, he said he thought that I was going 45 but said that I was in the middle of the road (I was square in the middle of my lane, but I did watch him drive off onto the shoulder and almost hit a mailbox in my rear view mirror when he tried to turn around lol). As soon as I saw the lights go on, I knew the joyride was over, so I just pulled into the nearest parking lot a couple 100 feet up the road and waited. I was very polite and treated the officer with the respect he deserves during the stop.
... I went to court well dressed/groomed, the Officer kept calling me Jim (which isn't my name). The magistrate let me off with a warning that if I received another traffic citation in the next 60 days or something, that I would need to pay the fine of both citations if guilty, and that she wouldn't be nearly as lenient.

The ticket was for like $177 or something IIRC