PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Cranky Hummer owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Default Cranky Hummer owner

Had a 99 lifted Suburban, broke too many rear ends. Traded it in for a 2006 H2 with 17 miles on it. I wish I had the Suburban with the broken rear ends back. For the amount of money spent on the H2, it is the biggest piece of #%&$ I have ever owned. Lots of quirky issues, seats that make funny noises, interior lights that do not go off, keyfobs that don't work, heated seats work when they want to, the sunroof rattles like a snake, etc etc. Unfortunately Vegas only has ONE Hummer dealer (actually the entire state) and their service is atrocious. To be fair, we actually really liked our salesman (Jarret Domoracki, not 100% sure of the spelling). Towbin badgered us for months with promises of free gas and all kinds of crap because we were going to hammer them on question 14 on the service satisfation survey. Nice effort, but a rude sales manager and sub standard follow up service calls for more than just a box of cookies and a cool pen with my wife's name on it...
There I feel better now!

Towbin Hummer can still kiss my big white $#%@

Old 08-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Default RE: Cranky Hummer owner

WOW sorry to hear that i live in Mass and they where on tv two week ago claiming they where the best and biggest Hummer dealer around but i know Lynnch Hummer is not them. Towbin had a big show on it must of been just for tv.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:53 PM

well, I too could be the biggest and the best if I was the only dealer around as well. Towbin has a great marketing machine, as they own several dealerships around the city. I think they may have been the first to do that deal where they show off the cars they are selling on TV. I don't think their schtick is good enough for their own reality show, but more power to them if they can pull it off. I guess I was expecting more out of the truck, due to the price and all the hype. It's basically just a fancy Tahoe or Yukon. I do like the look of the new Tahoe, but I think I will lean towards a G500 next time. My biggest issue is that the problems we are having are annoying, but not repetitive enough to go to a dealer and say "this is wrong fix it". More often than not the problems are not there, but with a new car given this day and age of quality control (remember how crappy American cars were in the 80's?) I would have hoped that the 2006 model would not have as many stupid little issues...

Old 08-05-2006, 01:56 AM

Sorry to hear that. My experience dealing with them was a great. Not only did i get a smoking deal when i bought it, but they swapped out my mirrors, because they weren't working properly, for a set of new 06 ones(i bought a used 04), gave me a few exterior goodies, and some HUMMER Schwag too.
There's a couple "clowns" there, but for the most part my dealings with them have all been positive.
Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with the Towbin name, hummer, or any of their other dealerships in town......I just cought em on a good day i guess..or they felt sorry for me...

Old 08-05-2006, 08:21 PM
ZOO

Sorry about the crappy dealership. I'm glad now that I didn't buy at Towbin. I chose to drive to California at Mark Christopher Hummer. They didn't give me the BS runaround like Towbin did. Also I wanted a yellow adv pack on the vehicle. They said they could not locate one and I should buy somthing else they had in stock. YA right like I'm going to buy a vehicle with crap on it and a color I don't want. So I did a internet search myself and low and behold Arizona had three and California had too many to count. They are a bunch of A@@H**** like you said. Also not sure if you like to offroad with your hummer. If you do Let me Know. Again sorry to hear about your dealings with them.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:52 PM

Why would you be using your heated seats in Vegas in the summer? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:56 PM

For something to bitch about

Old 08-17-2006, 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

For something to bitch about

Old 08-17-2006, 10:25 PM

Why would you be using your heated seats in Vegas in the summer? Inquiring minds want to know.

You try riding in a vehicle with leather seats when it's only 95 degrees out!!!.....brrrrrrr

Old 08-18-2006, 01:16 PM

ORIGINAL: otis

You try riding in a vehicle with leather seats when it's only 95 degrees out!!!.....brrrrrrr
True.

Quick Reply: Cranky Hummer owner