PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

To cover or not to cover.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 04:04 AM
Banned
Default To cover or not to cover.

I noticed a H2 rolling down the road with no back cover on the exterior spare. The wheel was stock like the others but it had a H2 hubcap on it which looked very clean. So I tried it. I removed my black tire cover, removed the wheel, placed the wheel back so that the cap would spell Hummer in the correct direction and washed the wheel. Actually looks very clean. Or maybe just different. My black boot was a bit raggedy. Im sure its probably better covered to keep the tire healthy but I didnt really care to much for those big HUMMER letters on the cover. The monster advertises itself. Actually a new boot would look nice too. Too late. Already bought a used cap on ebay to replace the one on the spare

Old 02-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Default What a deal!

I bought a spare cover off eBay from an ex-Hummer dealer. Got it and the paint was flaking off! Contacted the seller about it. Since it was their last one they gave me full credit and told me to keep it! Wasn't worth the hassle....FREE! Well, it looked like crap! So, I contacted Boomerang Products about it, within a day the Prez. replied telling me a few years ago they had some that were defective and recalled them. He was suprised there was still one out there. Gave me the option of buying another one(since this one was free), or upgrading to the H3Xtreme model...for $168!
So, I ordered one. They didn't have it in stock, but would be making more in 2 weeks. With cure time etc, it should be here next week.
These go for about $300 plus shipping.
Personally, I'd rather have the cover. When I bought mine it was uncovered, and the previous owner had put that Armour All tire gel crap all over all 5 tires(NEVER use that shiz!). Well, after washing it the first time, I kept getting this black crap all over my hands before I figured out where it was coming from. Just one less wheel and tire to clean/detail every wash! Gives it a more finished look.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:04 AM

There is no question that the tire cover helps protect from dirt, snow and slush. I have taken my cover off and it is presently off. I'll now wait until it gets a little warmer and wash everything and put the cover back.
Here is something else I thought of how a cover helps. The H3 Hub cover, it wouldn't take much for anyone to walk past your Hummer and pull the little Hummer hub cover off, and now they have a souvenir.

I don't like my particular tire cover because it has the dealers name on it. The reason it is off is I bring my H3 to a car wash during the winter months and the blower from the dryer rips the cover off the spare and sends it down the car wash.

Schmegg, you did get a great deal, talk about being in the right place or timing, you got it!

Old 02-28-2009, 10:43 AM

I hate tier covers, When I picked up my H3, as I was taking delivery I took off the tier cover and the gay *** trailer hitch cover that’s just an advertisement for the dealer...

Old 03-02-2009, 09:15 PM

I think the hard covers or the exposed wheel look HOT!! The plastic covers look like CRAP!! Just make sure if you are exposing the tire, keep it clean!