PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Cool exhaust manifold mod +10 HP

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Default RE: Cool exhaust manifold mod +10 HP

nice siggy!!

As CHP said the front o2 sensor is before the cat so gutting it would not change what that sensor is reading. This o2 simulator is only for the back sensor. I'm not sure if GM is using a flat or square plug sensor in the h3, I haven't gotten under tehre to look yet...but here is the jegs page with all of the simulators on it. If you want to gut a cat these are what you want to get

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...51937_-1_11523

Old 03-28-2007, 09:25 PM

Someone let me drive their H3 that had the exhaust manifold cat gutted. I could feel an improvement in their H3. Anyone else try this? Exhaust note was a little deeper but a very slight tinny sound.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:09 PM

Hey, I thought all you guys were dumping your I5's for the Alpha with the V8.[sm=wtf.gif]

Old 03-28-2007, 10:21 PM

I'm not dumping mine lol... I haven't had a need for a V8 yet.... lol

Old 03-28-2007, 10:31 PM

Hmm... after looking at the pictures... I'm wondering If I can just take the 3 bolts down and use some sort of snake to break that cat outa there... I'm going to try it tomorrow after I get out of work i'll let you guys know how it goes. I was already going to cut the 2nd one out anyway and use a straight pipe. So this will just add to the free flowing air lol... yay Florida.... ....

Old 04-02-2007, 03:34 PM

Ok so I used a flex extension a drill and some type of round metal polish brush. I unbolted the pipe and moved it to the side... I started out digging out the cat from the bottom with a long long long flat head screw driver. Then when I couldn't get any more I used the drill and extension to go all the way up. Now I don't know if it's perfect, but I know it's a lot more free flowing and I didn't have to cut it in half. If I could weld I would have cut it in half and done it that way. I can't find a header... so that's out of the question. I'll have to look before I order that fake one... but I believe it's asquare connection.

EDIT: The only reason it was a pain in the *** is cause the pipe bends at an angle... so you can just ram the screwdriver all the way in there. I didn't notice too much of a sound difference and I'll have to drive it a bit more to tell you if I feel a difference. I'm getting rid of the 2nd cat as well and the Magnaflow is on the way. lol ... along with the PCM...

Old 04-02-2007, 05:11 PM

Keep us updated Luke and post pics if you can! Thanks!

Old 04-02-2007, 05:30 PM

Sooo.......Did you notice a difference since the removal ??
I'm excited to hear your report.
.............Thanks Shawn

Old 04-02-2007, 06:06 PM

Funny thing you mention about the pictures... I tore my digital camera into tiny bits... trying to fix it lol... Soooo It might be awhile for pictures or i'll try to barrow a friends camera after I get a chance to find a longer extension to reach all the way to the top. I do however have a check engine light on, but I'm going to get something that importkiller mentioned to fake the sensor out from jegs I believe it was. Just have to find what type of connector it was. I'll let you guys know hopefully tonight.... btw the truck doesn't seem to be running rough or anything of that nature.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:36 PM

good luck, for some reason I can't find them on jegs now?!?!?! The link I gave on page on brings you to Caspers product page but it seems that they are not carrying the simulators anymore....hmmmm....very odd!! I'm gonna have to search around for some now and buy em up before the tree huggers outlaw them!

Quick Reply: Cool exhaust manifold mod +10 HP